Value of: Kadri to PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
That's not true, is it?

Bozak and Kessel were glued at the hip, so there wasn't any reason to separate them for fear of upsetting Phil. When Babcock arrived, he turned him into a match-up/shutdown C and scored 30 twice with Komarov mostly as well as Marleau in his first season.

As for playing wing, I couldn't care less. We had more than enough wingers to fill that kind of gap, I'm not basing my opinion of him on that.
It's plenty true. He got his chances with Kessel/JVR and was useless every time. He just doesn't work well with star players. He needs to be the best player on a line which limits what you can do with him.

The Leafs were desperate for a LW, I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from.
Well hes a cup winner now so Avs reaped benefit of not tossing him out after the 2021 suspension.

If he gets dealt to a contending team, we will see how they do come playoffs and if hes put suspensions in the playffs behind him for good

2013, 2017, 2020 and 2022 he didnt get suspended any games

2018, 2019, and 2021 he got suspended

Hasnt made the playoffs the other years in his career
I honestly thought it was 4-3 the other way, you got me there. I must've mixed up one of his many other regular season suspensions. He could've easily got a game or two in 2022 for his run on Binnington but that doesn't matter now

Reactions: Voight

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He was a shitty 2C that couldnt find chemistry with anyone. And in every playoffs was a waste of his $4.5m cap hit because he'd get suspended, which he also did with the Avs.

He's a career middle 6 player that you'd prefer to have on your 3rd line, who happened to have a career year just in time for payday... which was incredibly on brand for him

A player getting suspended, damn near every post season like clockwork, is worth all the blame he deservedly gets.
Career middle six? lol. aside from that career year, he's been a solid two way C, back to back 30 goal seasons.

Certainly better than Middle six.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It's plenty true. He got his chances with Kessel/JVR and was useless every time. He just doesn't work well with star players. He needs to be the best player on a line which limits what you can do with him.
Well, when you have two wingers that bad defensively, it's no wonder. Even with Bozak the line was a mess.

The Leafs were desperate for a LW, I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from.

They had Hyman, Marleau, and Johnsson. who were the designated LWer. But they also had Brown, Kapanen, Moore, Leivo, and Ennis. Play an actual winger, maybe?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Career middle six? lol. aside from that career year, he's been a solid two way C, back to back 30 goal seasons.

Certainly better than Middle six.
He's been a 40-60 point player every year but one. That's pretty decidedly middle 6

Well, when you have two wingers that bad defensively, it's no wonder. Even with Bozak the line was a mess.

They had Hyman, Marleau, and Johnsson. who were the designated LWer. But they also had Brown, Kapanen, Moore, Leivo, and Ennis. Play an actual winger, maybe?
Everyone on that list was pretty useless besides Hyman.

Kapanen and Brown were mostly RWs

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
They're still going to be better options than Kadri, plus it weakens your 3rd line, anyway...

Agree to disagree on Kadri I think.
Kadri not being able to beat out Brown and Kapanen for wing spots also isn't the endorsement you think it is.

But yup, agreed there

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
He was a shitty 2C that couldnt find chemistry with anyone. And in every playoffs was a waste of his $4.5m cap hit because he'd get suspended, which he also did with the Avs.

He's a career middle 6 player that you'd prefer to have on your 3rd line, who happened to have a career year just in time for payday... which was incredibly on brand for him

A player getting suspended, damn near every post season like clockwork, is worth all the blame he deservedly gets.

Damn, I never thought your hatred for Winnipeg would be topped by something or someone else.

• Haha
Reactions: Koolboss and JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Well.. we could potentially use him at 2C, and if someone gets suspended in the playoffs I'd rather it be him than Scheifele again :laugh:
Hahaha Scheifele and Kadri.. those two would either become best friends or hate each other cause they come across as having the exact same personality.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Hahaha Scheifele and Kadri.. those two would either become best friends or hate each other cause they come across as having the exact same personality.

Lowry would probably end up throwing Kadri's track suit in the showers before anything happened with Scheifele lol

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The issue is both management and the fans put too much blame on him for getting suspended in the playoffs. But no one else was going to stand up to the Bruins and he took action.

Most forget that the Leafs had a 3-2 lead in the '19 series without Kadri, it only became a problem after the series.

Not even the refs would stand up to the bruins

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

The selective memory on here is crazy, it’s like the offseason of Avs fans trying to dump Kadri after he had a front row seat to a no-name rookie dropping a hat trick on him didnt happen

Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The selective memory on here is crazy, it’s like the offseason of Avs fans trying to dump Kadri after he had a front row seat to a no-name rookie dropping a hat trick on him didnt happen
It's really a perfect storm. Despite him being a dirty POS, most of HF loves him because he has a rivalry with Binnington and "dunked" on the Leafs. Meanwhile far too many Leafs fans still like him because he's the closest thing to a tough guy without being a complete liability they've had besides Schenn.. which says far more about the team than it does Kadri

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Pens are yet another team who need to recognize that they need to move in a different direction and go into recharge mode for a couple of years.
As much as that may or may not be the right decision, it simply won't happen as long as Sid and Geno are still playing.

So any notions of "rebuilding" shouldn't even be considered, so the alternative is to try and maximize the roster as long as they're healthy and playing at a high level (whether or not that's the best idea).

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
As much as that may or may not be the right decision, it simply won't happen as long as Sid and Geno are still playing.
I agree. Owners today have no idea how a team moves through their life cycles and also have no idea how important thorough rebuilds are to an organization.

Pens owners are going to ride their three person core into the ground and I pity the poor GM who has to pick up the pieces from the crash site.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
The takes in this thread are painful: middle six forward, overpaid, etc.

If you don't watch the player just don't post about it, because those takes are laughably wrong.

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB

Posters could do a bit of research before spouting off about Kadri being over-payed. He's been excellent this year and most intelligent Flames fans are very happy with the game he is playing between Zary and Pospisil.

Reactions: Koolboss

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I agree. Owners today have no idea how a team moves through their life cycles and also have no idea how important thorough rebuilds are to an organization.

Pens owners are going to ride their three person core into the ground and I pity the poor GM who has to pick up the pieces from the crash site.
To be honest, I don't think it matters in this case. Sid/Geno probably are only around for another 2 to 3 seasons, so at most the rebuild is put on hold a couple of seasons longer before starting.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
He's been a 40-60 point player every year but one. That's pretty decidedly middle 6

40 points over 82 games is just barely into a third line scoring rate. 60 per 82 games is barely a second line rate. Kadri over his career scores on average at a the upper end of a second line rate.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Kadri would actually be a great fit for Pitt. Don't think it would ever happen. Malkin needs to either move to wing or be the third line center.

Bond

May 10, 2012
40 points over 82 games is just barely into a third line scoring rate. 60 per 82 games is barely a second line rate. Kadri over his career scores on average at a the upper end of a second line rate.
You overestimate the scoring of third and second line players. Going by your logic the Penguins had one borderline second line player and two third line players in their top six last season.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad