Kadri Discussion Thread - Back from suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkin67

Two games at best .....I can see one game as the outcome....and count me in on the Kadri will be gone as a Leaf why in the hell would he want to stay here.

Agreed. Kadri will bolt to MTL the minute he gets a chance. I'd package him and the Goat for Gallagher and a 2nd round pick. I like Gallagher's net drive and his work ethic. A lot.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He won't get any games because it not only was an illegal hit, it wasn't a hit at all, Kadri was an innocent player trying to squeeze between the boards and barely touched Fraser. Why this is even a discussion makes no sense.

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
The principle point of contact was the head by Kadri's "elbow". Anyway you slice that, it is bad. Kadri came in from quite a ways to make the hit. It seemed like Kadri was playing like David Clarkson last night. He's been trying too hard and has not been making smart decisions.
The NHL will have to sit him and being that this is his second "head shot" incident, he will likely get 5 games.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
Kadri has a history of head shots and this is no different. He had his elbow out and intended to make contact with his head. This is nothing new. This is the type of player he is. There has been a myth that he is a physical and gritty player which is a bunch of rubbish amd I have stated this multiple times. Kadri is an opportunistic hitter, who only runs players while they are in vulnerable positions and not expecting to be hit. The majority of his highlight reel hits on youtube are borderline charging penalties. He has been called out by Crosby for trying to take his head off and he has a bad reputation. Considering every single coach and manager associated with him since junior have all said he has attitutude/work ethic/entitlement issues it does not suprise me he makes these type of dirty plays. Just look at this one......it was clearly intentional.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6EIuCrKYxgk

Here is another where he leaves his feet to deliver a head shot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VzGLODa1m2o

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think that Kadri deserves a 5x5, or more, deal just yet. I think they have to sign him to another 2 year deal and take a chance that he will break out and cost them a hell of a lot more than 5x5 after. I am sick of this culture of entitlement. He has not done enough to warrant a long term deal. Let him work for it some more.

mikebel111*

Kadri has a history of head shots and this is no different. He had his elbow out and intended to make contact with his head. This is nothing new. This is the type of player he is. There has been a myth that he is a physical and gritty player which is a bunch of rubbish amd I have stated this multiple times. Kadri is an opportunistic hitter, who only runs players while they are in vulnerable positions and not expecting to be hit. The majority of his highlight reel hits on youtube are borderline charging penalties. He has been called out by Crosby for trying to take his head off and he has a bad reputation. Considering every single coach and manager associated with him since junior have all said he has attitutude/work ethic/entitlement issues it does not suprise me he makes these type of dirty plays. Just look at this one......it was clearly intentional.

Wrong. Nice job making stuff up as usual.
Did Hunter say he did? Did Eakins say he did? Did Randy say he did?

Nope
Keep making people upset Nazem

Love this kid as it makes some upset

mikebel111*

I remember one bad hit in his time here
Yup clearly a dirty hitter
Leafs dont know a physical player when they see one

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
So he left the game early because he was too scared to have to answer the bell if he was challenged? He left the ice when Bozak was tossed...

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
Wrong. Nice job making stuff up as usual.
Did Hunter say he did? Did Eakins say he did? Did Randy say he did?

Nope

Love this kid as it makes some upset

This is your patented response to anything negative about Kadri - "you are making stuff up."

Was Kadri not benched in junior multiple times by Hunter for his lousy attitude and qurstionable character?
Did Hunter not say just a few weeks ago after the game in Winnipeg when he charged Wheeler that Kadri needs to play with intensity on a consistent basis?
Was Kadri's relationship with Carlyle not constantly questioned?
Eakins also had issues with Kadri with the Marlies.
Now Shanny suspended him for off ice behaviour.......does this not indicate there are multiple issues with Kadri?
Did Wilson not say he has bad habits and doesn't listen?
I'm sorry, when multiple hockey people are pointing out issues/problems does it not indicate there is something wrong?
I'm sorry guy, take off your blinders.
All these people are not "making things up."

mikebel111*

I have no knowledge
Remember comment "Rielly is a 2nd pairing d man at best"

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

That was just a rookie ref who went on a power trip. That was a horrible call, Kadri clearly hit the collarbone before the head. That's a clean hit and even the league said as much. The Backstrom running was definitely on purpose and dirty, but the hit on Granlund was a good clean hit that he was tossed for because it was either a makeup for having should've been tossed or just a ref doing his 1st career game that let the ego and power rush to his head.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
I remember one bad hit in his time here
Yup clearly a dirty hitter
Leafs dont know a physical player when they see one

Well I provided you 2 links of dirty hits yet you insist I am "making things up." Add yesterdays intentional head shot along with several others you can find yourself on youtube and you will see a pattern.

But I suspect you will insist that Wilson, Shanny, Hunter, are all making stuff up about Kadri and that the video evidence along with suspensions are not enough proof to consider Kadri a repeat offender.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Give Kadri a Simmonds type winger or 2 sit back and enjoy an NHL line worthy of a contender. It may be a second line but contender worthy no doubt.

The guy needs real deal gritty power forwards. Guys that are physical. Hopefully we don't bail on him or him on us.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

I don't believe I ever read that stuff.???

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri will have a hearing on Wednesday with the NHL Department of Player Safety for his hit to the head of Edmonton's Matt Fraser. The play on Monday happened midway through the third period. Fraser was trying to play a puck behind the Toronto net when Kadri skated between him and the boards and caught the Oilers player with a forearm to the head.

Kadri to have hearing for hit on Fraser

I suspect Kads is likely to get 2 game suspension for that hit.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Agreed. Kadri will bolt to MTL the minute he gets a chance. I'd package him and the Goat for Gallagher and a 2nd round pick. I like Gallagher's net drive and his work ethic. A lot.

This is ludicrous...

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I believe he'll get suspended 2 games but man what a rough season for Naz. I'm scared management is gonna give him a short, crappy contract instead of a long-term one with a really decent cap hit.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
This guy just keeps getting worse and worse.

People are seriously saying he didnt stick his elbow out? He'll get suspended 100%, thats not good though because then we might win some games like the last time he sat out.

http://gfycat.com/WarmheartedPerfumedEquestrian

Then minutes later he pulls this ****, putting himself in a vulnerable position like always.
http://gfycat.com/DenseCostlyCranefly

Wathing it live and seeing he reviews on TV, I thought he tried to squeeze through, but that view from the top of the glass behind the net makes it pretty clear that he intentionally made that hit.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Dirty POS,get him out of here.Must be training at the Matt Cooke School of cheap shot artistry.Not the first time he's gone after a vunerable player.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
So much for Kadri coming back and shutting the haters up.

For a guy who was publicly called out for charcter issues and playing for a contract you would think that would be motivation to play with some intensity. Yet he comes back and is basically invisible and takes a cheap shot that will likely result in a five game suspension. As Crosby said, Kadri is a "joke."

I don't understand how his supporters continue to make excuses for him? When multiple experienced hockey people are publicly calling him out, Kadri fans won't accept it and claim his is being treated unfairly. When he throws dirty hits supporters claim it wasn't his fault lol. For someone who was suspended multiple times for head shots, how can anyone claim this is not a pattern? I can only shake my head at this point......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad