Value of: Juuse Saros at max retention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How about this :

To Buffalo:
Saros (50% retained)

To nashville:
Kulich
Olofson

Nashville line up en el futura:

Forsberg-Kulich-Vange
Olofson-Novak-Tomasino
Parsinnen-Glass-Trenin
Sherwood-sissons-jank
I keep thinking I’ve missed something here and I keep not having missed anything.

Nashville laughs in your face until they die from dehydration.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
im a nashville fan brah

we need a number 1 center

not sure what else buffalo would be willing to psrt with hut they are the most desirable trade partner
You’re massively overrating the Buffalo pieces and massively underrating Saros. Or both honestly. You could get a much, much better centre prospect than that.

Reactions: Viqsi

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Wonder if Josi is available. Pitt would go all in.

Saros (no retention)
Josi

For

Yager
Pickering
2024 1st
Guentzel (1 year left can be flipped for 1st+ easily)
Blomqvist (good goalie prospect)

Maybe not the best offer but that’s literally every good asset Pitt has to offer. Essentially 4 1sts ++

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

That’s awful dude, coming from a Sabres fan. Nashville don’t answer our calls no more if we offer that, think it’s a prank or somethin.

The thing about Saros @50% is that the retention would have enormous value to a lot of teams but be of no value to Buffalo. I think we’d easily be outbid by teams that are actually hurting for both a goalie and cap space. We’re only hurting for one of those things.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Wonder if Josi is available. Pitt would go all in.

Saros (no retention)
Josi

For

Yager
Pickering
2024 1st
Guentzel (1 year left can be flipped for 1st+ easily)
Blomqvist (good goalie prospect)

Maybe not the best offer but that’s literally every good asset Pitt has to offer. Essentially 4 1sts ++
Pittsburg doesn't have interesting enough prospects for Saros, let alone Saros AND Josi.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The fact that Trotz was reportedly shopping Askarov would suggest he's committed to Saros staying.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I feel like Mercer is one of the few times an opposing fan has actually proposed an "ouch that would hurt" player to us. So kudos for that!

I still wouldn't take it, though, since I'm hard-core on wanting a real #1C candidate. Mercer is the best name I've ever heard offered so far, however. :handclap:
You won’t do better than that. In fact, you won’t get that.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
I am 99.99% sure we will never get that. And I'm fine with it. The thing people don't seem to quite understand is that Saros is hands-down our Best Player. He's the difference-maker on our team already. He's the guy who steals games. There's just no reason to give him up for a few magic beans. If we can't get a player who can at least potentially have that level of impact on the game, then it's not worth it.

I think our cupboards are already full. Just with with a bunch of "everything else"... besides the bluechip franchise #1C. That's the unicorn we're stalking. But what Trotz will eventually have to realize is that you can't catch a unicorn. You have to wait and let it come to you. Whenever IT wants to. It's not a thing that can be forced.
I think most fans know that Saros is our best player and a lot of Nashville fans realize that he can steal games. Fact is he probably stole 10-12 games for us last year. This had us picking 15th instead of 4th. With Saros on the team, even with a depleted veteran forward and defensive group, we’re going to be hard pressed to be a lottery team; therefore, if want that unicorn, you have to have a setting where that unicorn is more apt to show up, and that’s drafting in the top 3-5 of the draft. We see how hard it is to trade up into that slot by what the rumored offer Trotz was proposing from this draft, so we’re going to have to really look at moving out Saros. No team is going to give us a top center prospect, so we should just be looking at the best packages we can get, or we can continue doing the same spinning of the wheels of mediocrity and hope one of these top center projects falls to 13-18 in the draft. Trading Saros should be the only answer for a rebuilding team. He’s a UFA in two years; his max value for us in assets is right now.

How about this :

To Buffalo:
Saros (50% retained)

To nashville:
Kulich
Olofson

Nashville line up en el futura:

Forsberg-Kulich-Vange
Olofson-Novak-Tomasino
Parsinnen-Glass-Trenin
Sherwood-sissons-jank
I think that this is a decent start; I’d rather it be Savoie, but Sabres probably balk on that?

Reactions: Cape

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I think most fans know that Saros is our best player and a lot of Nashville fans realize that he can steal games. Fact is he probably stole 10-12 games for us last year. This had us picking 15th instead of 4th. With Saros on the team, even with a depleted veteran forward and defensive group, we’re going to be hard pressed to be a lottery team; therefore, if want that unicorn, you have to have a setting where that unicorn is more apt to show up, and that’s drafting in the top 3-5 of the draft. We see how hard it is to trade up into that slot by what the rumored offer Trotz was proposing from this draft, so we’re going to have to really look at moving out Saros. No team is going to give us a top center prospect, so we should just be looking at the best packages we can get, or we can continue doing the same spinning of the wheels of mediocrity and hope one of these top center projects falls to 13-18 in the draft. Trading Saros should be the only answer for a rebuilding team. He’s a UFA in two years; his max value for us in assets is right now.
Yeah, I know Nashville fans know it. I'm not so sure about other fans.

But I also don't think the unicorn steals you any more games than Saros does. And the draft is a crapshoot, even at the top. You have < 20% odds of winning the lottery. And you have to suck for years. I'll take the unicorn-in-hand, thanks.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
Yeah, I know Nashville fans know it. I'm not so sure about other fans.

But I also don't think the unicorn steals you any more games than Saros does. And the draft is a crapshoot, even at the top. You have < 20% odds of winning the lottery. And you have to suck for years. I'll take the unicorn-in-hand, thanks.
The unicorn in hand(excellent goaltending) has obviously not been the answer. We’ve had excellent goaltending for the most part going all the way back to Vokoun, and all that got us, with the exception of one cup run where Rinne was a world beater, is 25 years of mediocrity. It’s time to look for a different kind of unicorn. This one is lame.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
The unicorn in hand(excellent goaltending) has obviously not been the answer. We’ve had excellent goaltending for the most part going all the way back to Vokoun, and all that got us, with the exception of one cup run where Rinne was a world beater, is 25 years of mediocrity. It’s time to look for a different kind of unicorn. This one is lame.
Ok. Agree to disagree. :thumbu:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I think that this is a decent start; I’d rather it be Savoie, but Sabres probably balk on that?

I certainly would. My opening bid would be Rosen/Ostlund + 2024 1st (lottery protected) for Saros (without any retention — we have cap space, so that adds no value for us).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad