Value of: Juuse Saros at max retention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I hate that this is even a potential idea, but it's worth exploring. What type of return would Saros command if we used our last retention spot on him?

To his new team he'd be due 3m and then 2.5m over the next 2 years.

I am not fully committed to rolling over and and letting the buzzards pick away all the good pieces yet, but it kinda feels like we are getting close as a team.

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I actually like this if we embrace a full rebuild. Our board would riot. I would still hold out looking for a more singular piece for Saros, but at the end of the day we can't make a deal that doesn't exist. The change from Saros to Campbell has to be damn near 15 wins alone.
Nashville should look at the Ducks and at the value of an elite goalie during a tank/rebuild.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think there would be a ton of teams interested. The way Nashville seems to be going Id entertain it

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would love Saros on the Jets. Not sure how keen Nashville would be to trade him in division. He may not stick around long term but would be a great mentor for Milic.

• Love
Reactions: Victorias

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Jack Campbell
1st round pick for the next 3 years
Philip Broberg

Keep adding if you want
There's no long-term 1st line center in there. Broberg was a nice idea when it meant trading Ekholm. But that ship has sailed. I'm still not onboard with trading Saros for anything but the most supreme future #1C. And that's not going to get offered by anybody. So I'm not trading Saros. Period. :neener:

Reactions: Viqsi

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I actually like this if we embrace a full rebuild. Our board would riot. I would still hold out looking for a more singular piece for Saros, but at the end of the day we can't make a deal that doesn't exist. The change from Saros to Campbell has to be damn near 15 wins alone.
If the idea is to burn it to the ground, Saros probably needs to be moved, because he'd win us too many games :laugh: I'm staying out of valuing the proposed deals, because I'm so out of touch with other teams' prospects and their projections, but I tend to agree.

If we don't deal him we're probably not picking as high as we'd hope. In that regard, taking any good deal might be the play.

GMlizard

Jul 23, 2022
Makes perfect sense to do this and go with lankinen askarov. Take a cap dump as well and the return would be great. Murray, campbell, granlund back or similar. Carolina?

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
How about this :

To Buffalo:
Saros (50% retained)

To nashville:
Kulich
Olofson

Nashville line up en el futura:

Forsberg-Kulich-Vange
Olofson-Novak-Tomasino
Parsinnen-Glass-Trenin
Sherwood-sissons-jank

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Mercer Holtz 2024 1st ( if we don’t have to give it to SJ )
I feel like Mercer is one of the few times an opposing fan has actually proposed an "ouch that would hurt" player to us. So kudos for that!

I still wouldn't take it, though, since I'm hard-core on wanting a real #1C candidate. Mercer is the best name I've ever heard offered so far, however. :handclap:

Reactions: Viqsi

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I feel like Mercer is one of the few times an opposing fan has actually proposed an "ouch that would hurt" player to us. So kudos for that!

I still wouldn't take it, though, since I'm hard-core on wanting a real #1C candidate. Mercer is the best name I've ever heard offered so far, however. :handclap:
I don't know if you'll get a #1C back. That's going to be tough to find the right trading partner. Very narrow selection.

I'd just trade him for the biggest haul you can get. More assets the better. Fill the cupboards. Then finish bottom of the league and nab another good player. Maybe a 1C who knows.

Reactions: Dadof5boys

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I don't know if you'll get a #1C back. That's going to be tough to find the right trading partner. Very narrow selection.

I am 99.99% sure we will never get that. And I'm fine with it. The thing people don't seem to quite understand is that Saros is hands-down our Best Player. He's the difference-maker on our team already. He's the guy who steals games. There's just no reason to give him up for a few magic beans. If we can't get a player who can at least potentially have that level of impact on the game, then it's not worth it.

I'd just trade him for the biggest haul you can get. More assets the better. Fill the cupboards. Then finish bottom of the league and nab another good player. Maybe a 1C who knows.
I think our cupboards are already full. Just with with a bunch of "everything else"... besides the bluechip franchise #1C. That's the unicorn we're stalking. But what Trotz will eventually have to realize is that you can't catch a unicorn. You have to wait and let it come to you. Whenever IT wants to. It's not a thing that can be forced.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
How about this :

To Buffalo:
Saros (50% retained)

To nashville:
Kulich
Olofson

Nashville line up en el futura:

Forsberg-Kulich-Vange
Olofson-Novak-Tomasino
Parsinnen-Glass-Trenin
Sherwood-sissons-jank

That’s awful dude, coming from a Sabres fan. Nashville don’t answer our calls no more if we offer that, think it’s a prank or somethin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad