Waived: Justin Holl

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
He didn't look that good to me. He still looked like the guy who gets lucky to make the plays he does make and had 2 or 3 pretty bad plays in our end, one of which was straight on the tape of a NSH player.

He had a couple miscues but I thought overall he looked good. 3:30 of his TOI was on the PK where he had some nice shot blocks.

If Holl can look like that at 18 minutes I’ll take it because he really should be bottom pair.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Couple bad give aways, that didn't lead to much though this time. Great play with Kane and Larkin to get a goal. Took a stupid high stick that lead to a goal 7 seconds in...

IDK, Holl is Holl.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Might have been the best game he's had as a Wing. The penalty was being careless with stick, accidental vs. player behind him, not a stupid decision. He has little puck skill and isn't physical, but that version of Holl is a useful bottom pair defenseman. Maybe Edvinsson is a positive influence on him and so far he has not held Ed back either.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
He is now fine partner for Edvinsson. Let it stay this way.

Holl playing top-4 with Edvinsson be like...

891e0d91-0df8-4afa-96ce-dc365ab9d353_text.gif

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Might just be a paper move unless Petry and Fischer are practicing. Both are listed as day to day.

Holl played well enough that it's basically a wash between him and Petry. Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.
None of it is good if either have to be in your top 4....

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Might just be a paper move unless Petry and Fischer are practicing. Both are listed as day to day.

Holl played well enough that it's basically a wash between him and Petry. Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.
It may very well be a paper move, yeah.

More of an insult considering the fact they both kinda suck lol. Unlike most around here, I'm not at all buying this idea that Holl is suddenly good, based on one game (one game where he had a bunch of mistakes anyway).

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
I wonder if management feels like they are winning some battle with the three insignificant goalie strategy or the continual up and down management of subpar personnel into and out of the lineup.

Just bring up Kasper and Wallinder and we'll never have to hear Holl, Petry, Watson, Fisher or Husso again.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I have zero issue with him getting more games, I think we all knew it was just a paper move.
Holl gets paid the same no matter which team wings/GR is listed on for any given day, so I fully expect SY to bounce him back and forth as a paper move for as long as he needs to as it does accrue cap space on of-days, the player know the game.

A little different for Watson, as it is a 2-way, but he agreed to it.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Holl gets paid the same no matter which team wings/GR is listed on for any given day, so I fully expect SY to bounce him back and forth as a paper move for as long as he needs to as it does accrue cap space on of-days, the player know the game.

A little different for Watson, as it is a 2-way, but he agreed to it.
Watson was on a PTO, he's probably just glad to have any contract. 2 way contract is still better than trying to find a real job like the rest of us working stiffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad