Waived: Justin Holl

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

I generally think people overreact to how the young players are handled but I’ll be stunned if they play Holl over Johansson at this point.

I should wait and see before I begin the handwringing but in particular I don’t understand the lack of opportunity afforded to Johansson. The organize has spoken glowingly about him at every turn and yet, at 23 years old, he has zero NHL games played. I just don’t get the handle of AlJo

I'm hoping it's because Petry is day to day so shouldn't miss much time. Then it makes sense you may not want to bring the kid up for one game and ship him back.

EDIT: Just saw the "lines you want to see" thread where there's a tweet saying Johansson will be paired with Seider.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
I generally think people overreact to how the young players are handled but I’ll be stunned if they play Holl over Johansson at this point.

I should wait and see before I begin the handwringing but in particular I don’t understand the lack of opportunity afforded to Johansson. The organize has spoken glowingly about him at every turn and yet, at 23 years old, he has zero NHL games played. I just don’t get the handle of AlJo
Holl is in tomorrow but Johansson might also be playing.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It's funny how it's OK to hate some players and not others. I thought that we're supposed to rally around marginal players like we have in the past.

My dislike for players is directly correlated between their salary demands vs on ice play...

The more they demand to be paid...the higher the expectation..

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
who the f*** gives copp love?? you're just making shit up at this point

I guess you weren't here 2 years ago? He sucked from day 1, and is getting progressively worse. It was basically me against everyone here. I don't remember you or any of the new Copp haters posting anything until this season.

Just go look at the original Copp thread, nobody that posted will admit they were wrong.

How much are the DRW paying Copp vs Petry?

And I don't think Copp gets much love
$5.6M for Copp, $2.3M for Petry.

Copp gets a free pass here because everyone thought he's a 2C and won't admit they were wrong. Only the newbies are complaining, so it looks like I created half a dozen new accounts, lol.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I guess you weren't here 2 years ago? He sucked from day 1, and is getting progressively worse. It was basically me against everyone here. I don't remember you or any of the new Copp haters posting anything until this season.

Just go look at the original Copp thread, nobody that posted will admit they were wrong.

He was a UFA I was against signing because I figured his production would be in line with what he normally put up in Winny - which it has been. He also signed for a cap/term that I liked better than the others available. But maybe that's why I don't feel strongly enough to piss and moan about him for the past two years, he's providing pretty close to what I expected.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He was a UFA I was against signing because I figured his production would be in line with what he normally put up in Winny - which it has been. He also signed for a cap/term that I liked better than the others available. But maybe that's why I don't feel strongly enough to piss and moan about him for the past two years, he's providing pretty close to what I expected.

$5.6M for 33 points last season? If that's Stevie's expectation then the team is doomed. It explains why the team still sucks while spending max cap.

BTW, I remember the naysayers telling me Chris won't spend money. I said he'd have no issues spending the cap on a good team because attendance means revenue. Not sure how he's gonna feel if this team doesn't win games.

And thanks for demonstrating what I mean by Copp getting a free pass.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
$5.6M for 33 points last season? If that's Stevie's expectation then the team is doomed. It explains why the team still sucks while spending max cap.

BTW, I remember the naysayers telling me Chris won't spend money. I said he'd have no issues spending the cap on a good team because attendance means revenue. Not sure how he's gonna feel if this team doesn't win games.
I think we needed a center and spent what we needed to spend to get one, and I think Yzerman cared even then more about length than amount. IIRC Giroux was pretty set on Ottawa and Trocheck got term to go to NYR. I wanted one of those guys on a 2 or 3 year deal.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

$5.6M for Copp, $2.3M for Petry.

Copp gets a free pass here because everyone thought he's a 2C and won't admit they were wrong. Only the newbies are complaining, so it looks like I created half a dozen new accounts, lol.
Copp is dog shit and everyone knows it

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Copp is dog shit and everyone knows it

We don't need to turn the Holl thread into a Copp thread. (Though I admit, I started the thread drift this time.) Go read through his thread, and post at the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad