Waived: Justin Holl

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Yeah Kasper is this years Edvinsson - assumed having him in the lineup would just be too stressful for the overripe crowd. We can cheer Watson fights for entertainment I guess.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I will never forget when he was signed arguing with people on here on how awful he was. Yes there was actually people defending this awful singing.

I like the job Yzerman is doing with this team but almost ever fan everywhere knew this was a terrible signing. No one is likely going to claim him...we should have bought him out in the summer.

I was on the side that Holl couldn't be THAT bad if he was in the #6 role. My bad.

Also this move is dumb because it just means we're signing Watson when this team needs youth, speed and skill. Instead we're going to have a 4th line as useless as the G in Lasagna.

Reactions: Go Wings

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

I dunno looks like a lot of "oh no" posts to me. So not sure about this big Holl defense force.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
I don't understand. I thought you had to trade a 2nd round pick in order to rid yourself of a bad contract?

Mr Nimbus

May 27, 2022
London
We happy?
farva-super.gif

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Worse contracts get waived all the time, yeah Holl was a bad signing but needs to stop being viewed as some Rick Dipietro monster deal. Just today Engvall got waived with 6 years left as just one example.

Another Islander. They love their bad contracts

I don't understand. I thought you had to trade a 2nd round pick in order to rid yourself of a bad contract?

We didn't get rid of the contract

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I was on the side that Holl couldn't be THAT bad if he was in the #6 role. My bad.

Also this move is dumb because it just means we're signing Watson when this team needs youth, speed and skill. Instead we're going to have a 4th line as useless as the G in Lasagna.

The g ain't useless. Without it, it would be pronounced la-san-ah instead of la-saw-nya

Looks like Kasper was sent down unfortunately
Wtf

The organization actually believes Watson outplayed Kasper?

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Holl's career is what happens when you get a too big contract. If he had a contract he was worth, he would have been traded to somwone who needs him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad