Confirmed with Link: Justin Barron Signed 2 years @ $1.15 AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Im good with him being our third pair RD. I am hopeful that Rein and Mailloux are the 1st and 2nd pair RD's of the future.

Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Rein
Xhekaj - Barron

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Deal is fine for both but I think highlights to Barron he is not up there on the depth chart.

As usual for young players with some size and skill, biggest issue is between the ears. If Barron is doing well then he rides that. If he hits a bump his game falls off.

We have seen him have great plays and a few good games, so he has that upside ability. He needs big time consistency and despite the 2 year deal his time is almost up with us. My guess is he is not sent down and having to clear waivers for most of the year at least.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Good show me deal. Barron will have an opportunity to show what he's got this year because he will need waivers to go down. Finding consistency is going to be key. His "highs" are very good.

Gotta imagine multiple teams will put a claim in for him if he is waived with that contract AAV.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice to see Barron signed. Not yet 23 and has only played 94 NHL games. Smooth skater, excellent offensive instincts. As a defenseman he has to be a better defender and maybe that comes in the next couple of seasons. We fans are not patient but I was always told that young Dmen need at least 200 games to figure things out.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
According to Puckpedia they still have 5.45m of cap space left. Likely won't even have to add Price and his 10.5m to LTIR this season, if they don't add another big salary this off season.
They’ll have to, it’s not « if », unless you want Price to comeback and take a roster spot.

They just don’t have to do it in the summer.

Speaking of which, do we play the whole season with 16 millions in cap space? That would be surprising.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Put one in the Xhekaj signing thread.....so I had to double down for this signing too
40b24154-097e-407e-b9ed-5e951bc3d5cd_text.gif

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Speaking of which, do we play the whole season with 16 millions in cap space? That would be surprising.
They spent the whole of last year with a ton of cap space and never needed to put Price on LTIR

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Great signing again. They need to give him a real shot this year. Needs to be on the 3rd pairing. Let's see what this guy can do.
They will most likely have Guhle and Savard as the top 4 RD's again for 1 more year next year
And with Kovasevic gone
Odds are that spot at 3RD was liberated for Barron..

But I still think they're mindset is 'well hey, it's going to whoever wins the spot in training camp between Mailloux and Barron'

Which is amazing we even have that luxury when REINBACHER exists and is just chomping at the bit to be a top4 RD for us himself lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad