Proposal: Justin Barron (MTL) for Peyton Krebs (BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Isn’t Barron one of those guys who is headed to being like Juulsson? Just an AHL/NHL guy who has little value? If Krebs is the same, then it’s a fair trade.
I'd say Habs fans are pretty split on the guy. I think he's better than Juulsen, but not projecting to become the next Petry (like some suggest) either. Realistically, I don't see top 4 staple as being a realistic projection at this point. Maybe a good #5.

I do think Krebs is fair value, but I don't really think the trade helps Montreal.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'd say Habs fans are pretty split on the guy. I think he's better than Juulsen, but not projecting to become the next Petry (like some suggest) either. Realistically, I don't see top 4 staple as being a realistic projection at this point. Maybe a good #5.

I do think Krebs is fair value, but I don't really think the trade helps Montreal.
I think Barron has to make the big club or clear waivers. With Hutson and Reinbacher coming along maybe Barron is the guy out? If Krebs is the guy out in Buffalo then a swap might be good. Otherwise both players get claimed?

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
I think Barron has to make the big club or clear waivers. With Hutson and Reinbacher coming along maybe Barron is the guy out? If Krebs is the guy out in Buffalo then a swap might be good. Otherwise both players get claimed?
Just like Cayden Primeau last season, Justin Barron will not be exposed to waivers by being sent to the AHL.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007

I'm not guaranteeing Justin Barron will become great, but it's way too early for people to give up on him- he hasn't even turned 23-years-old. Jeff Petry didn't play his first game until three weeks after his 23rd birthday.

Reactions: habsfan44

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Barron likely makes it. If the others are good enough to force a move, we can move Savard or Matheson.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm not guaranteeing Justin Barron will become great, but it's way too early for people to give up on him- he hasn't even turned 23-years-old. Jeff Petry didn't play his first game until three weeks after his 23rd birthday.
I just don't like the comparison because Petry is a rare case, not to be reasonably expected.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Isn’t Barron one of those guys who is headed to being like Juulsson? Just an AHL/NHL guy who has little value? If Krebs is the same, then it’s a fair trade.
Barron needs to clear waivers. Habs need to decide which guys they want to focus NHL development on. IMO have to pick which 3 of X, Barron, Struble and/or Hutson, Mailloux, Reincbacher to give playing time to this season. Figure Savard, Matheson, Guhle are locked into the top 3 spots.

I doubt any of the trio that has basically no nhl experience right now are going to be in the A in 25/26. So, they need to clear up the logjam.

Barron likely makes it. If the others are good enough to force a move, we can move Savard or Matheson.
That would leave MTL with just 1 real NHL. Veteran and a bunch of youngsters with Guhle the next most experienced Dman at 114 games going into the season. Is that ideal with some many unproven kids on the blue line?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
For every petry who didn't figure it out until late there's 10 guys who simply never made it
Agreed.

Barron needs to clear waivers. Habs need to decide which guys they want to focus NHL development on. IMO have to pick which 3 of X, Barron, Struble and/or Hutson, Mailloux, Reincbacher to give playing time to this season. Figure Savard, Matheson, Guhle are locked into the top 3 spots.

I doubt any of the trio that has basically no nhl experience right now are going to be in the A in 25/26. So, they need to clear up the logjam.

That would leave MTL with just 1 real NHL. Veteran and a bunch of youngsters with Guhle the next most experienced Dman at 114 games going into the season. Is that ideal with some many unproven kids on the blue line?
If they force a move, then I'd do it. We could always go after a guy like Ceci at the deadline if there's a true need, but I think that would kind of imply that they didn't force their way into the lineup and were merely on the cusp.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Agreed.

If they force a move, then I'd do it. We could always go after a guy like Ceci at the deadline if there's a true need, but I think that would kind of imply that they didn't force their way into the lineup and were merely on the cusp.
Who is Montreal’s starting 6 Dmen this season?

Matheson, Guhle as left shots. Savard as a right. These 3 are on the roster.
X and Stuble are left shots. Barron a right. I figure Montreal expects to give these guys a look to determine whether they fish or cut bait as they are in bridge or final elc year.

Hutson a left shot. Mallaioux and Reinbacher right shots. All are waiver exempt so they likely keep them in the A unless they excel in camp and like you mentioned force their way into the roster. Likely at the expense of one of the bridge guys.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Who is Montreal’s starting 6 Dmen this season?

Matheson, Guhle as left shots. Savard as a right. These 3 are on the roster.
X and Stuble are left shots. Barron a right. I figure Montreal expects to give these guys a look to determine whether they fish or cut bait as they are in bridge or final elc year.

Hutson a left shot. Mallaioux and Reinbacher right shots. All are waiver exempt so they likely keep them in the A unless they excel in camp and like you mentioned force their way into the roster. Likely at the expense of one of the bridge guys.
My guess as of now (a lot can change quickly):

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

If one of Mailloux or Reinbacher are outstanding and force a change, then just to start the year:

Guhle - Barron or Reinbacher/Mailloux
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron or Reinbacher/Mailloux
Struble

Don't worry too much about ranking the pairings there in scenario 2 since I don't think we'll have a true first pairing in that case.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If one of Mailloux or Reinbacher are outstanding and force a change, then just to start the year:

Guhle - Barron or Reinbacher/Mailloux
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron or Reinbacher/Mailloux
Struble

Don't worry too much about ranking the pairings there in scenario 2 since I don't think we'll have a true first pairing in that case.
So, in scenario 2, you are moving Matheson over one of the bridge kids?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad