Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Man it's gross that no member of the OBC has the balls to Step down from their position, admit that they sucked, and resign. All these dicks have enough money to live the rest of their lives comfortably without having to destroy the Oilers for the rest of us. Just admit you have no idea what you're doing already and hire some competent people. No clue how they aren't all embarrassed.

Nicholson needs to feel the heat. I guarantee you right now he is up in Katz ear about character as being the main problem. Its not character you **** nut. Its talent. Its terrible contracts, its your scouts and upper management that you are overseeing. Every single one of them is bad at their job. Including you. You have had 4 years to evaluate this farce. You sir are an embarrassment to all Vice chairmens. You fake farce.

You can't even stumble your way to such a bad situation from what you were handed on a golden platter. You and Chiarelli are an embarrassment. You should be called out. You disgraceful prick.

its because of you , Chiarelli was able to sabotage this team before he left. The contracts and trades were allowed by you. You POS.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not true at all.In the NHL this year he used his size a ton, winning several board battles. He showed more aggression to his game than predicted, giving opponents the "business" on the boards. He threw some nice hits, and especially out muscled NHL players on the boards. He won 85% of his board battles actually. He really showed some good gap control also, winning pucks at his blueline. He also tracked his man several times until he caused a turnover or forced a play

He did get exposed a few times looking confused and not tying up players around the net, aswell as getting burned without showing some hustle to recover. While these plays did stand out and were frustrating, no need to overstate these limited bad plays. He is a rookie

However, these instances were far fewer than the positives in his brief stint, and more than acceptable for yet again, a rookie ( See Sergachevs first year in Tampa, lost defensively yet his limited ice time and positive offense heavily outweighed any true criticism)

On a whole in his NHL stint, he looked very competent and those YouTube vids trying to expose him look less scary once we saw his NHL game

Also, his "man strength against kiddies" didn't help him dominate anything. Like zero. This is such a fictional statement. His offensive IQ did. Decisions w/ the puck and his obbsession to get it on net. (You make the kid sound like freakin Darnell Nurse skating circles here)

His body type has nothing to do with his current amateur success. How in the world can you claim a guy can't defend and can't skate but then claim he dominates cuz of his body attributes? Pretty contradictory don't you think? or more like BS

Long history of dominating man sized players who either had low hockey IQ but used their size (which he is and does not) or had high hockey IQs but couldn’t skate (like he has and does) in the CHL fail in the NHL level. Being man sized with man sized strength still makes a difference.

Regardless I watched his most of games played live earlier this year and IMO doesn’t play or skate at the NHL level to be the kind of D that the Oilers want.

Given the historical propensity for the Oilers to rush prospects to their ultimate destruction, Bouchards skating and his complete lack of pace and passion, I just don’t see a number 1 right shot guy here that Oilfan wants him to be. I agree with Buttons assessment of him.

Lots of time and hopefully he pans out but that’s my assessment of the player.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Wanting playoffs with the assets we had when McDavid was drafted was fine. Chia just made ALL the wrong bets.
It's like I said when he was fired. He was so wrong on virtually every bet he made its hard not to wonder if he was sabotaging. I feel like his resume is a flames fans blueprint of how to ruin the oilers 2015-19

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Not sure if these things got noted much. Chia trades Caggiulia for Manning and Manning is a healthy scratch in this game (for good reason, he's not an NHL player) and Cagg of course scores against us and has 4 scoring chances in the game.

The Oilers also don't start the Colby Cave (for good reason) that Chia obtained in his last weeks on the job. They play Malone, who will never be a valid NHL player instead.

Hitch starts Talbot, instead of Koskinen who was obtained by Chiarelli and just got the grossly overpayed contract.

These are 3 personnel decisions that suggest that the head coach thinks that the deposed GM's acquisitions and assessments were random and the respective players not all that worth even using.

That all 3 of these starting lineup instances occurred is interesting. That Cagg scores is the icing, that Gustaffson was the best D on the ice is the Cherry on top.

What a dismal franchise this is.

What happens when even McDrai checkout and feel this sorry ass lineup is incapable of winning? I don't want to be around when that happens.
The biggest “telling thing” of the bunch was starting Talbot over Koskinen. To me it almost reads like they’re afraid to even play him now. Out of sight out of mind, maybe. In what world does it make sense to tell the fans you believe the team can still make the playoffs and then not start the goalie, you just signed to an extension, in two of the next three games? If “the plan” here is confusion and chaos, they’re nailing it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The biggest “telling thing” of the bunch was starting Talbot over Koskinen. To me it almost reads like they’re afraid to even play him now. Out of sight out of mind, maybe. In what world does it make sense to tell the fans you believe the team can still make the playoffs and then not start the goalie, you just signed to an extension, in two of the next three games? If “the plan” here is confusion and chaos, they’re nailing it.

The team is expected to be on the same page but nobody up in the offices ever is..

I want somebody to write a tell all book on all this that isn't part of the OBC, and that isn't Chiarelli. I don't hate Mclellan, I wish he had more to say about his time here. Or Krueger but he probably doesn't care. Dysfunction is so thick here and these too almost maintained their sanity in crazy pills world.

Renney could have more to say as well.

Reactions: Aerrol

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
When is Nicholsons report due? Or was that just fake?

Nicholson lies about everything. In 2015 it was the "forensic audit" and after last year it was "the plan" that Oilers fans would be excited to see laid out. We are still waiting for the results of both.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nicholson lies about everything. In 2015 it was the "forensic audit" and after last year it was "the plan" that Oilers fans would be excited to see laid out. We are still waiting for the results of both.

No, we aren't waiting for either. The results of them are in front of our eyes on the ice every game. I'm sure he did the work, and came to a conclusion. It's just that he, and all those around him, are comically incompetent, and their work was pathetic, and resulted in pathetic findings and outcomes.

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
I can't stand Nicholson. When Burke was hired by cgy, he said he would do an audit or whatever on the organization and report to the owners. I think he did it in about 30 days and then they fired people and Burke started to rebuild the front office. Nicholson is such an incompetent POS. Just embarassing

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Watch it again and watch his left knee only. You see the attempts to pull towards the puck.
Thank you. My point a cpl of pages ago.
Of course he tried, and it's obvious interference. I cannot get my head around that goal and that it was not interference.

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob and McTedi

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Thank you. My point a cpl of pages ago.
Of course he tried, and it's obvious interference. I cannot get my head around that goal and that it was not interference.
Was pretty reminiscent of Kesler in the playoffs two years ago. Except instead of pulling the pad with his hand, Saad had his skate jammed in there.

Reactions: LaGu

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I wonder how much the manning traded damaged the team. He's sitting in the pressbox while cags is playing and scoring against us. Mentality is a huge problem. After they gave up the lead they had no urgency or faith in goaltending.
According to statements from the Oiler players, Cags was a very popular guy that they all loved, saying he worked hard, was fearless and had some talent. Oh well, better to get some useless tool on a bigger extended contract, that you can sit out the rest of this year and the next. Mind blowing move.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad