Proposal: Just for fun: EDM - NYR - See what fans think

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Oilers fans have always asked for like 10 players for McDavid.

With the way the season has played. Would this be fair value (I know it’s not realistic or attempting to make a proposal).

NYR trade:

Igor

Oilers trade:

McDavid

Again, this is not a real proposal. Just evaluating talent to each other.

Reactions: cwgatti

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
No, McDavid is worth more than Igor, Fox and more. "Evaluating talent", get back to me when your guy has some Vezina's/Hart's.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
A goalie will never be worth more than the perennial Hart/Art favourite. That said, if Rangers fans think they they have a better chance of winning with a Vezina level goalie + Zib at 1C + the extra cap going to depth that's prerogative. No GM in the league would trade away McDavid for Igor though. Its much easier to find a good goalie who could get hot in the playoffs and play comparable to Igor than to find a good C who could get hot and play comparable to McDavid.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I assumed OP was a NYR hater who just wanted their star goalie to be bashed on these boards... Turns out it's a legit ranger fan.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

With the way the season has played. Would this be fair value (I know it’s not realistic or attempting to make a proposal).

NYR trade:

Igor

Oilers trade:

McDavid

I’m just going to Copy/Paste this every time you create a proposal.

Do you watch hockey?
Why do all of your proposals suck?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Making this trade would cost the Rangers points in the standings

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Obviously the Rangers aren't trading Shesty and Oilers aren't trading McDavid.

Hypothetically though, if Shesty were available, I'm curious to see what Oiler and Leaf fans would give up.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Goalie value is really hard to assess. Lots of goalies have one or two awesome seasons then look terrible for years. Shesterkin is great...but there's no way he's worth McDavid straight up in a trade. #97 would fetch an absolutely obscene ransom in a trade.

Imagine if the Penguins traded Crosby for, like, Henrik Lundqvist in 2011.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
The Oilers and Leafs are the Quebec Nordiques just before they moved to Colorado.

Lots of talent but no balance to the team.

The Nordiques drafted stars Sundin, Nolan, Deadmarsh between 1989 and 1992 and then Coloradonwon the cup in 1995 those three weren't with the team.

Getting Roy really helped and also getting grit in Keane and Lemieux for the playoffs.

They basically traded some elite players to fill holes and balance out the team.

I somehow doubt today's Oilers or Leafs would have done so well if McDavid or Matthews requested to be traded as soon as they were drafted.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The Oilers and Leafs are the Quebec Nordiques just before they moved to Colorado.

Lots of talent but no balance to the team.

The Nordiques drafted stars Sundin, Nolan, Deadmarsh between 1989 and 1992 and then Coloradonwon the cup in 1995 those three weren't with the team.

Getting Roy really helped and also getting grit in Keane and Lemieux for the playoffs.

They basically traded some elite players to fill holes and balance out the team.

I somehow doubt today's Oilers or Leafs would have done so well if McDavid or Matthews requested to be traded as soon as they were drafted.

Ptetty confident saying Lundqvist would have some cups. :(

But anyway, NYR don't have cap space for this, and Oilers aren't moving McDavid.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Add Fox and the Value is much more fair, But still probably pass.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Obviously the Rangers aren't trading Shesty and Oilers aren't trading McDavid.

Hypothetically though, if Shesty were available, I'm curious to see what Oiler and Leaf fans would give up.

3 1st speed over 5 years + Broberg +Bourgault + Skinner . Bern should be happy Broberg is in there .

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Add Fox and the Value is much more fair, But still probably pass.

But then what is the purpose of adding McDavid? Are the Rangers better without Shesty and Fox while adding McDavid? I doubt it. Yes, in a vacuum, that's fair value but it doesn't make sense for the Rangers at all. Nobody is going to gut their team to add McDavid. They just become the Oilers.

Reactions: kanucks25

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
No, McDavid is worth more than Igor, Fox and more. "Evaluating talent", get back to me when your guy has some Vezina's/Hart's.
There was a poll on here recently and Fox+Shesterkin won over McDavid

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

So at the end of this season? :)

Seriously, while I love Shesterkin, you don't trade the best player in the game, especially at McDavid's age, for anything, and especially not a goalie. While Shesty has been remarkably consistent through his career (KHL to AHL and now NHL), goalies are too volatile. They will always have more value to the team that has them than they will to the team that wants to trade for them.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

NYR trade:

Igor

Oilers trade:

McDavid

Rangers jump

Oilers dont

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

NYR trade:

Igor

Oilers trade:

McDavid

With the way the season has played? f*** NO. If you're dead set on a ludicrous overpayment for a goalie, why on Earth wouldn't you target Vasilevskiy? That being said, I know Edmonton needs an upgrade in net, but they do not have to trade a top three player in the league to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad