Who you rather have in long term?

• Slaf

Votes: 60 36.8%
  • Svechnikov

Votes: 103 63.2%

• Total voters

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Yeah I know you’re always itching to dunk on the Habs, but we aren’t talking about an elite player in Svechnikov here. He’s a 1st line winger, but that’s about all you can say. After Slaf’s meteoric progress this year, I’d be a touch disappointed if that’s all he topped out as. Still a good player, but not really a game breaker or franchise player. Meh.

• Wow
Reactions: Xirik

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Easy question with obvious answer

slafkovsky-habs.gif

f***ing CHADkovsky without a doubt

Already a 50 points season with exponential growth between the first year and second year
He's just a 20 years old kid btw

He's an easy 70+ points next season for sure

Reactions: Habano

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I’d be over the moon if Slaf becomes svechnikov.
That literally answers the thread one would think but there are many more hope full Habs fans than overall Canes fans on these boards so it might not be a blowout poll.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

slafkovsky-habs.gif

Already a 50 points season with exponential growth between the first year and second year

That was basically Svechnikov though. 37 points as a rookie, then 61 in 68 at a 19 year old. But hasn’t made a significant jump again in production. It’s not always that easy

Reactions: wetcoast

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Before the draft, we were hoping he'd turn into Svech. Right now, I'd hope he hits a little higher like say Rantanen. That's of course a hope, not an expectation. If he "only" becomes Svechnikov, that's fine with me.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

slafkovsky-habs.gif

Yeah, no comparison.
IMG_6923.jpeg

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Pretty cool to see Slaf do so well in some of these comparison or prediction threads lately. It's not so long ago HF seemed to have decided he's the worst bust of all-time, even worst than Yakupov.

As a Habs fan I'm excited to see how good he will be. I voted for him. I think his ceiling is higher - but no guarantee he surpasses Svech - still waiting to take a risk on it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Problem is Svech kinda stagnated after his second season.

COVID seasons and injuries both contributed to that.

It’s easier to score on a bottom feeder that isn’t focused on two-way play like Carolina is.

I don’t know what Slaf’s offensive ceiling is either. I really like the kid during his draft year though, I’m more defending Svech than dissing Slaf. (And I hate the Canes lol.)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pretty cool to see Slaf do so well in some of these comparison or prediction threads lately. It's not so long ago HF seemed to have decided he's the worst bust of all-time, even worst than Yakupov.

As a Habs fan I'm excited to see how good he will be. I voted for him. I think his ceiling is higher - but no guarantee he surpasses Svech - still waiting to take a risk on it.

Slaf can't be the worst bust of all time that's Lafreniere.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Gotta go Svechnikov on this one, it's against the hfboards narrative where someone who has potential is always better but Svechnikov is an obvious choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad