Confirmed with Link: Juraj Slafkovsky re-signs with the Canadiens 8 x $7.6M

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Slafkovsky truly has elite superstar potential. We have no one else that will impact the game the way he does. Suzuki, Caufield and Dach are all nice pieces. Great pieces if you will. But Slaf in very short order will be the man in Montreal.

If Demidov can grow past what Suzuki et al are as well, we will be threatening for a cup in 3 years.

I think Suzuki and Slaf go past PPG this year, in large part to Slafs ability to control the puck in the o zone, his creativity and keeping plays alive.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i'd prefer to sign Guhle to a short term bridge deal to get a better idea on his value.

He's never going to be a player whose going to break the bank because he's never going to provide the kind of offense that comes along with it.

But his injuries, personally, leave me weary about committing long term right now.

We will see what Hughes does. I'm sure they want the long term deal but Hughes might be at $6M and Guhle might be asking for $7M. These things are pretty standard... bridge or long term. Fans never know what was discussed on different terms.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We will see what Hughes does. I'm sure they want the long term deal but Hughes might be at $6M and Guhle might be asking for $7M. These things are pretty standard... bridge or long term. Fans never know what was discussed on different terms.
Yeah no doubt, i'm just also weary about handing out long term deals like candy...I don't want to be the Ottawa Senators. They fell in love with all of their young talent and paid them all early and now they're stuck with them.

I just don't see the need to pay Guhle long term right now.

Anyway, enough Guhle talk in the Slaf thread :)

Reactions: Tyson

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
The best thing about that contract is that in 2 years, he will be a better player than Caufield and Suzuki.

Dunno about that. People were telling me last year that Dach was better than Suzuki. Guy couldn't stay healthy through 1 week of NHL play.

Anywho as for the side thread I'd be okay with an 8yr 5.75AAV for Guhle. Anything under 6 really.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Every time I open HF I see “confirmed with link” and think we signed someone to help our 4th line and it’s a let down lol

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah no doubt, i'm just also weary about handing out long term deals like candy...I don't want to be the Ottawa Senators. They fell in love with all of their young talent and paid them all early and now they're stuck with them.

I just don't see the need to pay Guhle long term right now.

Anyway, enough Guhle talk in the Slaf thread :)
I mean the Sens paid for Stutzle, Tkachuk, Sanderson and Chabot. Not exactly the reasons why they aren’t any good.

Reactions: Walksss

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Big gamble for a guy only 50 good games. Galchenyuk scored 30 goals at 21 also. Once he got the big bucks he quit.

You're not wrong at all and this is a valid point that many people are probably overlooking.

I can't say I agree with you based on his 2nd half of the season, I truly believe that was a glimpse of what's to come and he really will be a special player. Time will tell.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We saw Slaf really turn things around halfway through his 2nd season, very promising stuff.
I do want to bring people down to earth a bit. Nathan Mackinnon had a solid rookie season followed by a drop in his next 3 seasons. He finally broke out in year 5.
My point? Slaf still has a ton of development ahead where his production may dip. Be patient!

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
We saw Slaf really turn things around halfway through his 2nd season, very promising stuff.
I do want to bring people down to earth a bit. Nathan Mackinnon had a solid rookie season followed by a drop in his next 3 seasons. He finally broke out in year 5.
My point? Slaf still has a ton of development ahead where his production may dip. Be patient!
Patience and Montreal fan base don't go together

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

You know as well as I do that some people will be blasting him for it.

But you are spot on.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad