Junior players and billet families - crazy stories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A guy I played with went very high to a team in the QMJHL, whose billet got him involved with the Hells Angels/Drugs.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
a certain boston bruin billeted next door to my cousin and one time took a deuce in the backyard because he forgot his key and couldnt get in the house

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Immediately thought of Kirill Starkov. He was married and was sent back to juniors for another year, and they made him live with a billet family. His wife had to go live somewhere else because she couldn't stay there too. He had lived by himself since he was 14 or 15 because he went to Sweden to play at that age, and suddenly, now a married man, he had to obey curfews and do chores and stuff, and was denied to live with his wife.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Starkov's always been about the money, that's for sure. :laugh:

Not to turn this into "hurr durr my team's never wrong" but when you're kicked out of a league for betting against your own team, seems there's a bit of a problem on his end too.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Starkov's always been about the money, that's for sure. :laugh:

Not to turn this into "hurr durr my team's never wrong" but when you're kicked out of a league for betting against your own team, seems there's a bit of a problem on his end too.

I agree, that is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in sports, but that was many years later and has nothing to do with his time with Columbus.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
There was a kid from kelowna who was playing junior somewhere in the eastern conference of the dub. He came home to his billet house one night and there was a burglar in the house. He ended up stopping the burglar and got him arrested.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
a certain boston bruin billeted next door to my cousin and one time took a deuce in the backyard because he forgot his key and couldnt get in the house

Please tell me it was Marchand. They probably thought it was just a cat. Unless it was Chara, in which case they probably thought it was mammoth sheiße. :laugh:

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
There are lots of stories about Kingston Frontenacs not getting along with their billet families. That organization has been a mess for awhile.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
No libelous comments please.

that was what my comment was going to be. I was lucky, when i played in the ajhl I lived near where I play so I slept in my own bed. Most of the stories I heard from teammates who went onto the junior hockey I can post because, well interesting things happen some times and often right down bizarre stuff happens

RJ8812*

My ex-gf's parents used to billet Sudbury Wolves players back in the 90s early 00s. They told me that all the players they took in were well behaved except for one: Fedor Fedorov. After a month they told the Wolves they no longer wanted him staying at their house because he was a "lazy, self-centered *********" (according to my ex) that never cleaned up after himself and basically walked around like he was above everyone in the house.

member 105785

My ex-gf's parents used to billet Sudbury Wolves players back in the 90s early 00s. They told me that all the players they took in were well behaved except for one: Fedor Fedorov. After a month they told the Wolves they no longer wanted him staying at their house because he was a "lazy, self-centered *********" (according to my ex) that never cleaned up after himself and basically walked around like he was above everyone in the house.

And then Bieksa socked him in the beak and that's how his career ended :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad