GDT: July 1st Free Agent Frenzy (TSN free agent tracker in post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I would like Jagr to PHI for nostalgia reasons + for the youngsters to see the work ethic, but him with McDavid would be probably amazing

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just to make sure, official announcements can be expected in... an hour and a half? I genuinely forgot whether it's 6pm CET or not

Pfft. You should be inside my head. Biological clock, Asian time zone, stuff happening back in America. God only knows what time it is here or anywhere. Total mess.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pfft. You should be inside my head. Biological clock, Asian time zone, stuff happening back in America. God only knows what time it is here or anywhere. Total mess.

giphy.gif

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Awesome, that's exactly what I was hoping. He's not as good as his reputation and he is going to hamstring them from getting anyone better. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Just cleared up a bunch of space only to use it back up again. Shattenkirk was terrible in the playoffs, but don't know how much of that was due to being thrust into a new team

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I honestly think it's a good deal for them if true. He should be productive throughout that whole contract if it's four years.

Yeah, it's not the term or anything particular about the contract that I think is bad for them - I think he's the wrong guy for that team to be signing at a significant cap hit. He's good and everything, I'm not trying to say he isn't, but I don't think he's going to come anywhere near pushing them over the top, and they aren't going to be able to be very flexible because of that contract, I think.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Wouldn't mind bringing JVR back via trade. TML needs defense. Maybe something around Hagg or Morin +?

vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Voracek
Lindblom - Couturier - Simmonds
Filppula - Patrick - Konecny
Laughton - Lehtera - Read
Raffl
Weise

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, it's not the term or anything particular about the contract that I think is bad for them - I think he's the wrong guy for that team to be signing at a significant cap hit. He's good and everything, I'm not trying to say he isn't, but I don't think he's going to come anywhere near pushing them over the top, and they aren't going to be able to be very flexible because of that contract, I think.

They're basically screwed from the end of Sather's tenure. They got Lundqvist signed to that deal so it's hard to really go scorched earth rebuild.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Just cleared up a bunch of space only to use it back up again. Shattenkirk was terrible in the playoffs, but don't know how much of that was due to being thrust into a new team
I think ultimately Washington was the wrong team for him. They didn't need him. Their PP was working fine without him and they had enough depth on defense already. They needed a true #1 defenseman and that's not Shattenkirk.

The Rangers on the other hand could use a guy like him. They have their #1 defenseman in McDonagh, but they could use some help on the power play.

I think it's a good deal for both the Rangers and Shattenkirk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad