Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
What really sticks out to me is his speed. he seems much faster this year. More in control of what he is doing.

He also has that sneaky hard snap shot in tight. Did it against DET. Did it against CGY. Just grabs it in the slot and lets it go fast like Sakic did. No comparison. Just how fast they got it off their stick. Sakic was a master at that. Just beautiful to watch.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Another great game on the boards. The Draisaitl line has been a menace down low. Gotta give Strome credit as well. Might not show it on the scoreboard but they wore down Columbus.

Really classy for JJ to stick up for his linemates with a POS like foglino

Reactions: Dieseloil

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Another great game on the boards. The Draisaitl line has been a menace down low. Gotta give Strome credit as well. Might not show it on the scoreboard but they wore down Columbus.

Really classy for JJ to stick up for his linemates with a POS like foglino

I missed it. What happened?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's so weird. We've been getting huge improvements out of players, like Nurse, JP, lately Strome, and Khaira. And yet we are having a bad year, when this is what we fantasized about last season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Drai ran over a CBJ and then Foligno tried to hit drai, and Drai tossed him down and fed him a nice cross check and Juhjar came in and fought Foligno.
I was really proud of Jujhar for that. Foligno was seeing red and you could just tell he was going to take a shot at Drai when he got up, but luckily Jujhar jumped in before he had the chance. I love this kid, he's a scrapper who's not afraid of anyone, and he's turning into a pretty good hockey player out there. Well worth the wait, and well worth the 3rd round pick.

Connor McFries

5-14-6-1
Jan 9, 2008
Just sayin'... Khaira is a very bad man.

I couldn't get as thick a beard even if I took a sharpie to my face. That beard is the mark of a Very bad man.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He's doing pretty damn well on Drai's wing IMO.
I think he has the potential to be a better skating Maroon type of player where he can slot in with a skilled centre and be the plugger on that line. His most impressive offensive tool to me is his vision as I think he see's the ice very well on the cycle (and he's a monster on the cycle, protects the puck so well). His shot is nothing special, and he doesn't have the greatest hands, but I can see him being a 10-15G 40P guy who bangs in some garbage goals in front of the net, which is essentially what Maroon was before he arrived here.

The fact that his defensive game is alright, and he's got some speed and reach to play on the PK is another thing going in his favour, and he can fight too. So glad that Vegas didn't take him. I thank the Sikh god every day that Vegas took that pylon Reinhart over our sweet prince Jujhar.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Interesting stat about Jujhar. Since being healthy scratched for a few games where his game did not look good at all prior to, he has put up 5G-5A-10P in 15GP. I don't expect him to continue that pace, but I don't think a 35-40P player is out of the question with him which is much higher than I saw his potential a year or 2 ago.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think he has the potential to be a better skating Maroon type of player where he can slot in with a skilled centre and be the plugger on that line. His most impressive offensive tool to me is his vision as I think he see's the ice very well on the cycle (and he's a monster on the cycle, protects the puck so well). His shot is nothing special, and he doesn't have the greatest hands, but I can see him being a 10-15G 40P guy who bangs in some garbage goals in front of the net, which is essentially what Maroon was before he arrived here.

The fact that his defensive game is alright, and he's got some speed and reach to play on the PK is another thing going in his favour, and he can fight too. So glad that Vegas didn't take him. I thank the Sikh god every day that Vegas took that pylon Reinhart over our sweet prince Jujhar.

I expressed concern that Vegas would take JJ over Reinhart last June and was told we would only be so lucky if Vegas took JJ, the dime a dozen 4th liner off our hands. I actually wanted to protect him over Letestu because I was scared to lose him. Sikh and Destroy will continue to get better too. He is really just scratching the surface of what he could become.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I expressed concern that Vegas would take JJ over Reinhart last June and was told we would only be so lucky if Vegas took JJ, the dime a dozen 4th liner off our hands. I actually wanted to protect him over Letestu because I was scared to lose him. Sikh and Destroy will continue to get better too. He is really just scratching the surface of what he could become.
Well I guess we're both happy that Vegas f***ed up then haha. As I admitted I didn't see the offensive potential in him that he's showing right now, but I thought he would be a very good 4th line cycle player who could chip in 20P. I'm glad that its starting to look like I was wrong and that his potential might be as a middle 6er or at least a good 3rd liner.

I remember when we got Maroon I was so impressed with his cycle game and ability to protect the puck. I think I'm even more impressed with Khaira's because he does it basically just as well, but he can do it with speed and he's much quicker to get in on the forecheck. I don't think he has Maroon's finishing ability, but there are quite a few similarities. Even better is the fact that Jujhar is capable of playing centre if we need him to on the 3rd/4th line someday.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
it's so weird. We've been getting huge improvements out of players, like Nurse, JP, lately Strome, and Khaira. And yet we are having a bad year, when this is what we fantasized about last season.

7-4 in their last 11.

As you say lately Strome and Khaira.

Puljujarvi has only been up with the team for 17 games.

McDavid and Talbot healthy. I get that it's gonna take a great run for the Oilers to make the playoffs but I think they can do it.

Reactions: Aerchon

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Larsson is back, Sekera hopefully back soon as well. This team CAN go on a massive tear if they can somewhat fix their special teams.. I mean please for the love of god let us atleast be CLOSE to average

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
IMO Khaira was much more effective on a grind line. He seems out of place on Draisaitl's line.
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian line was a force.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
that certainly takes some of the sting out of Klebom being MIA
I don't think they would have put Klefbom on IR without Sekera making his return. With Sekera back it will buy him some time to recover from his nagging injury(s) and its likely the best time to do it with the Oilers only playing 3 games over the next 9 days before the roster freeze is lifted and Klef would be able to be activated in time for Chicago on the 29th. No idea if he'll be ready for then, but it sounds like this is more of a "go get healthy" move rather than a "Klef's too hurt to play" move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad