Player Discussion Juho Lammikko - The (Not-So) Invisible Man

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I've been impressed with Lammikko's improvement on the faceoff circles. He's now respectable.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
not sure if it has been said in this thread - but if all three can come in under 1 million. Highmore/Lammikko/Lockwood for the 4th line please.

I think they will want to replace Highmore with a little more size, but it would be nice to see a 4th line being payed like a 4th line while also playing respectable hockey. That line can do certainly do that.

Reactions: mossey3535

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think they will want to replace Highmore with a little more size, but it would be nice to see a 4th line being payed like a 4th line while also playing respectable hockey. That line can do certainly do that.
No issue with bringing Highmore and Lammikko back for cheap depth, but I agree we need more size on that third spot. Lockwood brings the physicality but he's just going to get killed in the playoffs (if we ever make it).

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Definitely understand the notion of size/grit but as the game changes i think the definition of grit is changing too. We definitely need some 'bite' on the bottom line but most importantly we need guys that can skate. Lockwood can skate.

Skating and taking the body i think he has to have that spot next year unless he's beaten out by someone. I would prefer a more ignorant center between highmore/lockwood than lammikko, someone that can annoy opposition. Ryan Lomberg comes to mind, someone like that.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Great fourth liner with some offensive skills. Hope to see him again in the fourth line next year.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Called it on the first page, haters

giphy.gif

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
A passenger that needs a more active linemate, but can be solid with that requirement satisfied. Sign him for cheap if you can but if he wants any more than 1mil send him packing.

Reactions: mossey3535

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Hopefully we can bring him back for close to the minimum. We're up against it as it is.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You know it took Benning almost eight years to finally figure out what kind of guy he needed as a fourth line center. Big guy who's decent in the circle; will chip in occasionally on offense, and more importantly is making the league minimum.

Still only 26, Lammikko might become a valuable depth piece playing for Boudreau who seems to bring out the best in these kind of players. He's an RFA and will need to be qualified, but even a modest raise on a $725,000 base salary represents good value.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That’s two World Championship golds for Lammikko. Good for him.

Hope we can get him back on a reasonable deal next season. I’d offer a two year deal at anything $1m per or below - low enough to be buried in the minors if he underperforms, but enough to be economically priced if he sticks on our fourth line (or improves)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Another pathetic display by the refs in IIHF play.

I could congratulate the FINs and Lammikko if it ended at the bad 5 on 3 call and was just a missed high stick that they capitalized on but when you give them a PP after a arm clamp and flop by the Finnish player in OT they can shove those medals where the sun don't shine.

Yes Lammikko is not worth more than a million tops and his finish to the season may be cause for looking for an improvement if he gets pushy with demands

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
He could break out next season a get 40-50 points or so playing on the 3rd line. If we can move some salary out I wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks trade or offer sheet Puljujarvi and put these two together along with Podkolzin.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
He could break out next season a get 40-50 points or so playing on the 3rd line. If we can move some salary out I wouldn't mind seeing the Canucks trade or offer sheet Puljujarvi and put these two together along with Podkolzin.
So you have Lammikko as a possible 40-50 player here. And Miller as a possible 40-50 player in the Miller thread?

If those two are in the same stratosphere next season you deserve a pay rise.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
As things stand, the only way Juho puts up 40 points in an NHL season is on PP1 with McDavid and Draisatl and riding shotgun with one of them at ES.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad