Player Discussion JT Miller Thread

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Jarome was a great offensive player. He was terrible defensively.

He competed hard at one end of the ice. I guess if a person watched the games they'd know that.
Never quit on his team like Miller did in 2nd year of Bruce.

Best player in the league for about a decade.

Miller comparisons are wild.

Anyone who is not just a HFboards troll and actually knew anything about the sports understands this.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Never quit on his team like Miller did in 2nd year of Bruce.

Best player in the league for about a decade.

Miller comparisons are wild.

Anyone who is not just a HFboards troll and actually knew anything about the sports understands this.
When JT was playing poorly in the first half of the 22-23 season, it was baffling to me that someone who was top 20 in NHL scoring since he got to Vancouver was playing that poorly on the defensive side of things (despite being passable in prior years). And I sort of figured that it was a combination of lack of structure from Boudreau in addition to the birth of his son in September of that season, which meant he might not have been sleeping well (perhaps you're unaware that this is a thing in the first few months of having a child).

You really like to make excuses for Pettersson but you are uncharitable when it comes to JTM. It's probably because you don't like his personality, but JT has been a quality player for us for the majority of 5 seasons and he probably deserves a lot more respect than what you're giving him.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
When JT was playing poorly in the first half of the 22-23 season, it was baffling to me that someone who was top 20 in NHL scoring since he got to Vancouver was playing that poorly on the defensive side of things (despite being passable in prior years). And I sort of figured that it was a combination of lack of structure from Boudreau in addition to the birth of his son in September of that season, which meant he might not have been sleeping well (perhaps you're unaware that this is a thing in the first few months of having a child).

You really like to make excuses for Pettersson but you are uncharitable when it comes to JTM. It's probably because you don't like his personality, but JT has been a quality player for us for the majority of 5 seasons and he probably deserves a lot more respect than what you're giving him.
I agree with everything you say. Part of it is bias against his personality for sure.

But I think being as objective as possible, Iginla comparisons are just wild. People must be stat watching. Scoring overall is up so much from Iginlas best years.

From 1998-99 - 2008-09 Iginla had:
- the most goals
- the most even strength goals
- 3rd in points
- not a stat I put much value in but was +79
- Won the Richard twice and

All this with always having to carry his line.

For me he was the best player of the dead puck era. At least the best forward. Surpassed by Näslund for a season or two. Jagr or Forsberg for a year or two. But overall Iginla. If Forsberg was able to stay healthy, he would be the guy for me for sure. But staying healthy is a skill.

If we bring this back to JT. That is one of his absolute strenghts. His ability to play through injuries that we know nothing about and his ability to stay healthy enough to not miss games.

Last edited:

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Iginla might have been best player to a year here or there and he's deserving of his spot in the Hall. There's no way on God's green earth he was the best player for a decade. Pronger was a much better player. Several others. Sid was far better from his first shift in the league.

Reactions: F A N

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Iginla might have been best player to a year here or there and he's deserving of his spot in the Hall. There's no way on God's green earth he was the best player for a decade. Pronger was a much better player. Several others. Sid was far better from his first shift in the league.

Ya. Great player, leader, person, (undersized) power forward etc. More Sedins level impact than best player in the game for a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad