JT Miller Hit on Kevin Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think it's as "clean" as I initially thought.

Miller had every opportunity to make a play with the puck but instead threw it away to initiate contact and followed through heavily on a player in a very vulnerable position. That's a boarding call through and through. but not a play that was overly egregious. Bad outcome. Hopefully Rooney is ok.
By that standard then when Klapka crushed Hirose into the boards and gave him a concussion, that could also have been called boarding which it wasn't. The fact of the matter is, it was not a blind sided hit or from behind and there was puck possession by both players.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean the puck literally touches Miller's stick and he ignores it to destroy a guy without the puck lol

huh? he did pull up and braced for contact when he realized Rooney was such a scrub he couldn't handle the pass and had his head down.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
By low level beer league standards I wouldn't even call this a 'hit', it's clearly a coincidental collision. Common where I play but not something you usually see in pro hockey, but the outcome was a result of Miller having his head up and able to brace for it.

Reactions: Szechwan

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He never had the puck, this is a reckless hit.
He did have the puck shortly before the hit. Was it a late hit? Perhaps. Nothing egregious though. Things happen fast in the game of hockey. However, as a Flames fan I'm still unwilling to ignore what I can see with my own eyes just because my team ended up with the shitty end of the stick.
There was nothing with the hit other than it resulted in an unlucky injury to Rooney.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nothing dirty about that hit. He touched the puck before, and during the hit. Frankly, the hit looked fine...not from behind, far from the boards.... I don't get the issue. It didn't even look that hard, just kind of awkward.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He never had the puck, this is a reckless hit.
yes it's "reckless" lol like really man? what exactly is so reckless? this is hockey, its a fast hard hitting game, injuries happen

Surely Vancouver fans will agree that it’s ok to cheer for the hit when their player gets hurt from it?
hockey is a hard hitting aggressive game, maybe a sport like knitting would be safer for everyone

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
yes it's "reckless" lol like really man? what exactly is so reckless? this is hockey, its a fast hard hitting game, injuries happen

hockey is a hard hitting aggressive game, maybe a sport like knitting would be safer for everyone
All I’m saying is that I can’t wait for the hypocritical stances to change. You’re included.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This thread is being locked for a couple of different reasons. First off the league is not doing anything so there is no additional news, secondly, this has become more about fan bashing. So we are done. Thank you.

Reactions: Rubi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad