Value of: JT Miller at the deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I do love Dickinson. I wish the Avs would've made that move. We're so thin at forward it's not even funny. Going to ruin the cheap MacKinnon window by having zero depth.

Well cheap MacKinnon going to properly compensated MacKinnon will probably just cost someone like Kadri or Compher. Who knows, maybe he takes a slight discount instead of a whopping one. Deep drafting would help that too, as ELCs from later in a draft filling in on the 4th line or bottom pair goes a long way that way.

The problem with Dickinson is we seem to be playing him exclusively with offensively gifted and/or high event players, which is just not his game at all.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I would absolutely love for the Devils to acquire someone like JT Miller to play alongside Jack Hughes.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Let's say the Canucks are ready to move on from Miller come TDL time.

It's the right move - he's older than the majority of our core, can put up points but ultimately isn't the play driver we thought we might be in his first season here. No NTC as well, so any teams can participate. Cost-controlled and can play centre/wing.

Mid-late 1st and an A prospect?
We should also trade Horvat since he is "old" too. Also OEL is pretty old, how about him. Then sign Peterssons baby so we can be even younger. Get real, we wont even make playoffs with the way you want to trade

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah...we'd be better off holding on to him then. Miller isn't even in the top 10 problems Vancouver has right now.

He's two points shy of a point per game in his time with Vancouver, plays with an edge, can play center, can play defense (despite the occasional gaffe), does well with faceoffs...I don't get the rush some fans have to get rid of the guy.
If Canucks fans were GM they would have already traded petersson, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat, Miller, Rathbone, Demko BECAUSE omg what they would do once ELC is done? Stupidest logic used lol. So basically going with that logic, A rebuilding team would have a 1 year window if they rebuilt successfully because all plagers need to be traded after their ELC contract or cheap contract ends.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's been their leading scorer since they acquired him, Canucks take a step back by trading him.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
They should deal him while he has the most value which is close to the deadline. Boeser and Horvat will need new contracts so there just isn't enough cap to go around unless it increases significantly.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Miller would be an acceptable return for Tarasenko; but if the former "doesn't fit" with the team's core, the latter certainly wouldn't either.

Cap would be an issue too, since both teams are at the cap. Miller is at $5.25M for this year and next; Tarasenko is at $7.5M for the same remaining term...so Blues would need to retain $1.125M/yr.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Miller would be an acceptable return for Tarasenko; but if the former "doesn't fit" with the team's core, the latter certainly wouldn't either.

Cap would be an issue too, since both teams are at the cap. Miller is at $5.25M for this year and next; Tarasenko is at $7.5M for the same remaining term...so Blues would need to retain $1.125M/yr.
Don’t think I’d do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad