Player Discussion Joshua Roy

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You have to laugh at the people who want to send him down in the A.

Roy will always look like a ghost because he isn’t a play driver. He lives in the open space and often one touch the puck to a teammate.

He also rarely turns the puck over and is sneakily pretty good at creating turnovers in the neutral zone.

Its easy to see what a Lane Hutson or a Kirby Dach is doing on the ice, less so with a Roy or a Toffoli.
Roy been hot and cold his whole career. He'll turn it around

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tough last impression to make before cuts - was actually a bad game for him.
Yeah two really bad turnovers one in his own end and I blame him just as much as Newhook on that shortie.
The thing I don't like is it seemed to me he was playing like a vet would who has nothing at stake.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I don't see him as an NHLer yet. It doesn't mean he won't be someday but, right now, he's very slow, vanilla and doesn't look like he gives a crap. Made some horrible plays last night. Definitely needs more time in the AHL.

Reactions: BLONG7

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Yes his camp was underwhelming, but so it was most players on this team, and for many reasons.

The same thing happened when Suzuki was trying to make the team in 2019, he looked like he didn't care in pre-season, then became our best player in the COVID playoffs.

So, I'll give him 10 games before I decide that he deserves to go down.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He was not even on PP1 of the C team what's the point? He's not a grinder.

He was miscast on the 3rd line with guys with 0 vision like Anderson??? Why

I think the plan was to cut him he was not put in position to make the team.

Station montmorency 🚇

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Yes his camp was underwhelming, but so it was most players on this team, and for many reasons.

The same thing happened when Suzuki was trying to make the team in 2019, he looked like he didn't care in pre-season, then became our best player in the COVID playoffs.

So, I'll give him 10 games before I decide that he deserves to go down.

I disagree completely. Suzuki had a pedestrian rookie camp but was great during that preseason. He easily sealed the deal and was one of our best players on the fourth line to start the year, to the point he played himself into the top 6.

Reactions: Habano

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
So overhyped by the habs fan base. Guy had a crap camp and don’t look like a guy who wanted to solidify his position on the team.
Send home down.

Before camp folks were suggesting he was a second line guy, lol. Yeah, only on a really shitty team.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
If MSL is true to his word and his "hard coaching" mantra for this season, Roy should go to Laval to start the season. He was out played by the other two rookies. Also he can play meaningful minutes with the Rocket and improve. Injury are bound to happen and he can be a first call up if he play well there. If this management is serious about development, this is the best move for the organization and the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad