Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Norris was great on the dot yesterday. DIdn't take as many faceoffs as Giroux or Pinto, but he's our best faceoff guy who's playing C.

Looking forward to him getting his goal scoring going

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
No one is taking him with his contract and injury history. Maybe in 2 years as the cap goes up, if he plays well he would be moveable.

I don't need him to be an 8M player. I am willing to accept that sometimes players come out on the winning end of a contract, and we can't expect every player to be a bargain.

I would trade him to mitigate the risk of another injury, but if we aren't concerned about that, we should keep him. Having 3 top 6 centers is a good problem to have.
If he gets back to pre-injury form, that contract will be fine.

He is good 200 foot player anyway, but if his scoring touch hasn't disappeared he will be a 30+ goal scorer and 65ish point player. That will be just fine.

I think he has potential for more, and his pace previously backs that up.

Reactions: DrEasy

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I said this in the GDT, but a real life Josh Norris at 100% health - and the same 2nd line center that we once knew who could score from anywhere and in all situations- that is a game-changing player for the Ottawa Senators. Especially with Pinto and Greig in the lineup.

I say this with all due respect to Josh, but he's like like the bargin-bin version of Auston Matthews.

They are the exact same style of centerman - a goal scoring and two-way focused, gifted and thoroughbred American athlete....Norris is the just slightly smaller and less talented 2nd line (35g-25a) version of Matthews.

If someone can ever convince Norris to be more selfish of a player, like a real killer and less of a nice guy. And if he can be less focused on taking the perfect shot in favor of taking more shots - then he's going to have a career year. He's capable of 40+ goals and as many assists if he realizes his shot is his best playmaking tool.

Last edited:

sena

Jul 3, 2024
If he gets back to pre-injury form, that contract will be fine.

He is good 200 foot player anyway, but if his scoring touch hasn't disappeared he will be a 30+ goal scorer and 65ish point player. That will be just fine.

I think he has potential for more, and his pace previously backs that up.
his pre injury was rookie territory, He will be faster and stronger since then. I hope he stays healthy because the sens need him to earn that money.
the competition will also be weaker with him on the second line vrs his first go around

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Great night. Skated well, was physical, OK in the dot and blocked at least 1 shot.

I thought he had 2G and 2A but TSN showed only 1 assist for him.

Him and Batherson both showed up tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad