Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Norris plays such a sound defensive game you like to see him play C. But the way he plays the game offensively he’s best suited on the wing.

I think regardless he needs to play with one of Tim, Pinto or Greig at all times to help take the pressure off the C spot for him during the games .

Reactions: bert

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
My thought is Travis Green knew this was going to be a violent day at camp and so he suggested Norris sit it out for precautionary reasons. At least I hope that's the case. However, it is concerning when Norris isn't able to take contact during the first days of camp after declaring he's fine.
So, like I said... they are keeping him away from the scrimmages.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Pinto and Kesler are 6'3 and right handed. Pinto hangs onto pucks better than Norris and is way better down low. Norris is lighter smaller, shorter and shoots left. Norris had one great year and has since had his shoulder reconstructed twice. He's not the same player. He is a trigger man and the obvious player to move to wing. Especially considering Stutzle is also a lefty. Who they absolutely are not moving to the wing. Need the puck on his stick as much as possible.

Greig is a more natural center than Norris too, he is a great play maker. He is a puck magnet.

Stutzle
Pinto
Greig
Ostapchuk

Those centers in that order. I don't care what Norris makes what matters is the team winning. Whatever puts this team in the best position to win that's what they should do. Loved Pinto with Tkachuk last year and the heavy game they played. I think that's the most natural fit. Lefty righty to pass to one another as well.
I think you are letting Norris's shoulder cloud your memory of how good he is.

He is a great skater, has decent handles and a great nose for the net. He isn't a shrinking violet either.

The handedness and slight increase in size for Pinto doesn't have any bearing on Norris.

It's nice we have a right shot C but until it is proven Norris can't handle the load, he is a C.

I can't wait for him to show up and force everyone to appreciate his game again.

Moving Stu to the wing and giving him the green light offensively might be best for him. It’s a nice problem to have
No.

Stu is a C, why do you want to move him?

Reactions: DrEasy and Masked

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

He is a great skater, has decent handles and a great nose for the net. He isn't a shrinking violet either.

The handedness and slight increase in size for Pinto doesn't have any bearing on Norris.

It's nice we have a right shot C but until it is proven Norris can't handle the load, he is a C.

I can't wait for him to show up and force everyone to appreciate his game again.

No.

Stu is a C, why do you want to move him?
I’d move him to free up his offensive game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

My memory is not clouded. I think anyone that thinks he is going to be the same is not facing the harsh reality of the situation.

Secondly I have always liked Pinto more. His package has more upside, more room for development and a more unique skillsetl. Secondly I do very much remember Norris in his 35 goal season. He was great but he had an unsustainable shooting percentage injured or not and Franky didn't create alot on his own and this is him being healthier than he ever will be again. He is a good defenisve player but so are Greig and Pinto. Norris has great goal scoring instincts I think they should try him with Stutzle. He also plays his best when he is physically engaged which Greig may drag him into the fight or Tkachuk or Perron for that matter. The idea of a

Norris Greig Perron line I think could be good.

Back to the shoulder, anyone expecting the same player is likely living in a fantasy world. If he is capable of playing at this level again it will be a new normal. It's going to take him some time to get used to it and for what player he will become. Another reason simply for the start this team has to have Pinto and Greig should be the centers. Let him ease back in on LW on a scoring line and see how he does.

Reactions: armani and Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bro, Get a room.

(But seriously the last time this fanbase was this man gay for a player was Mike Fisher and his 1000 watt smile and outdoor ways)
There's a poll question from years ago who everyone preferred. To each their own, I like big two way centermen. Pinto has more upside than Fisher, far more cerebral.

Reactions: Tuna99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
My memory is not clouded. I think anyone that thinks he is going to be the same is not facing the harsh reality of the situation.

Secondly I have always liked Pinto more. His package has more upside, more room for development and a more unique skillsetl. Secondly I do very much remember Norris in his 35 goal season. He was great but he had an unsustainable shooting percentage injured or not and Franky didn't create alot on his own and this is him being healthier than he ever will be again. He is a good defenisve player but so are Greig and Pinto. Norris has great goal scoring instincts I think they should try him with Stutzle. He also plays his best when he is physically engaged which Greig may drag him into the fight or Tkachuk or Perron for that matter. The idea of a

Norris Greig Perron line I think could be good.

Back to the shoulder, anyone expecting the same player is likely living in a fantasy world. If he is capable of playing at this level again it will be a new normal. It's going to take him some time to get used to it and for what player he will become. Another reason simply for the start this team has to have Pinto and Greig should be the centers. Let him ease back in on LW on a scoring line and see how he does.
I get it. I love Pinto and am anxious to see him slotted with a full lineup around him.

It could well be I have Sens coloured glasses, but I am holding Tank as the standard for that surgeons work and only putting positive vibes out for Norris to get back to normal - or very close.

He has always had a high shooting % so that doesn't bother me, he doesn't seem to waste shots.

Here is to both of Pinto and Norris reaching their potential!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Bro, Get a room.

(But seriously the last time this fanbase was this man gay for a player was Mike Fisher and his 1000 watt smile and outdoor ways)
I like big two way centermen. Pinto has more upside than Fisher, far more cerebral.

The joke writes itself, my man @bert completely missed it and doubled down on him liking 2-way ahahaha. This is why I keep coming back to the board. Despite the team sucking, we got good, witty, fun and knowledgeable posters here to get perspectives from. I agree with Bert regarding liking Pinto’s game more, but I also see tremendous value in Norris getting back to his pre-shoulder injury form. The guy is still young, offensively gifted, and will be more effective on 2C than 3C or winger. Pinto can play as 1C, 2C, or 3C, without losing much offensive numbers.

We are so lucky to have the centre depth we have..Stutzle, Pinto, Norris, Greig. Ostapchuk and Halliday potentially. The 3rd D pairing sucks, but it will get addressed at some point.

I finallly believe we are contenders in the not too distant future.

Go Sens Go!

PS. I am hitting the mile high club with this post, 10 thousands posts baby, mostly useless but some fun, while providing Don Brennan with player nicknames he could steal from the board. Only took me 20 years lol.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The joke writes itself, my man @bert completely missed it and doubled down on him liking 2-way ahahaha. This is why I keep coming back to the board. Despite the team sucking, we got good, witty, fun and knowledgeable posters here to get perspectives from. I agree with Bert regarding liking Pinto’s game more, but I also see tremendous value in Norris getting back to his pre-shoulder injury form. The guy is still young, offensively gifted, and will be more effective on 2C than 3C or winger. Pinto can play as 1C, 2C, or 3C, without losing much offensive numbers.

We are so lucky to have the centre depth we have..Stutzle, Pinto, Norris, Greig. Ostapchuk and Halliday potentially. The 3rd D pairing sucks, but it will get addressed at some point.

Go Sens Go!

PS. I am hitting the mile high club with this post, 10 thousands posts baby, mostly useless but some fun, while providing Don Brennan with player nicknames he could steal from the board. Only took me 20 years lol.

it is a good time to be a Sens fan, and if we make the playoffs and are lucky enough to play the Laughs it’ll be a very memorable season.
(Also I became a HF Lifer today, 15 years today officially, what a glorious waste of time)

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Go Sens Go!

I have a few hundred more to go.

Secondly I have always liked Pinto more. His package has more upside,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad