Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Norris misses two practices in a row. Any idea about him being not 100% is just baseless speculation and over reactio
He hasn't missed any practices and he is taking contact like any other player.

He just hasn't played in the scrimmages. Those are less controlled, so probably a good idea.

Compared to last year when he wasn't ready for camp, then was in a non-contact sweater, then missed the beginning of the season, he is looking much further ahead and more comfortable.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He hasn't missed any practices and he is taking contact like any other player.

He just hasn't played in the scrimmages. Those are less controlled, so probably a good idea.

Compared to last year when he wasn't ready for camp, then was in a non-contact sweater, then missed the beginning of the season, he is looking much further ahead and more comfortable.
It would be nice is media could get a simple answer to what may be a LTIR thing that they have to abide by until he is off it. Remember, on camp roster, he was listed as LTIR

Reactions: gab6511 and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok, so people have their answer, looks like they planned in advance to ease him in and not immediately play him in scrimmages until they are sure everything is holding up.

So can we stop panicking?

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
Pinto is a much better two way player is a great compliment for 2nd line center behind Stutzle. They are different players but I think Pinto helps the team win in more ways. Big right handed two way centers that have some offense are rare and super valuable.
I've seen you post this opinion before and I have to say, although it's a bit of splitting hairs, I would strongly disagree.
Would I take pinto over Norris given what we know; Obviously.
Has pinto played at norris's level for even half if a season? No way.
Full disclosure, I think Norris was our best player in the 21-22 season. Both very smart players and if Norris could ever put the shoulder injuries behind him, I think it's a great debate down the road. It's why this shoulder stuff is so disheartening. Norris was on the cusp of becoming a well above average 1c and may never get back to that. Fingers crossed...

Oct 10, 2010
Also seen a video of a drill where Yakemchuk ( I think) used his body on Norris and he fell down and whacked his stick on the boards in frustration lol

Norris clearly seems to be taking good contact no doubt.

Reactions: BigRig4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad