Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
As someone whos 2 weeks post op from shoulder surgery....I can appreciate his caution
Sleeping in a chair has been dogshit.

Hopefully it's all precautionary

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
*Edit: Apparently he was on the ice before the scrimmage, but went off the ice before it started and didn't play. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do think it means he wasn't at the dentist or in bed with the sniffles.

If he was on the ice before, he might have tweaked something in his lower body. You don't really check your shoulder by going for a skate.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm sure they're taking a cautious approach with Norris. He's probably talking with doctors every single day or training camp, and if the guy woke up with any sort of pain or discomfort in his shoulder they're probably going to pull him aside to check it out further instead of putting him into a scrimmage against a fired up Brady Tkachuk who apparently was running people over today.
He was 100% ready. That doesn’t require caution. Sooner or later we can’t be taking a cautious approach anymore

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
As someone whos 2 weeks post op from shoulder surgery....I can appreciate his caution
Sleeping in a chair has been dogshit.

Hopefully it's all precautionary

But Norris is a pro hockey player who is supposed to be 100% recovered and healthy, and they are already "taking precautions"?

Not a good sign at all.

Reactions: Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Has there been any confirmation him not participating in scrimmage is shoulder related or is it all speculation?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
1726858149999.gif

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Give me the Tkachuk Norris Batherson line.

Each of them is scoring 75+ points.

I have a feeling Norris might be on the wing this year.

One of:

Tkachuk - Stü - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson

or

Norris - Stü - Giroux
Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson

Either would be a pretty nice top 6, IMO, and would leave a nice 3rd line of Perron - Greig - Amadio. I think that's a top 9 that is playoff worthy.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
But Norris is a pro hockey player who is supposed to be 100% recovered and healthy, and they are already "taking precautions"?

Not a good sign at all.
He is the early range to return, post operation on a shoulder that has been operated on 2 times already.

It's completely normal until told otherwise.

Reactions: senswon

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have a feeling Norris might be on the wing this year.

One of:

Tkachuk - Stü - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson

or

Norris - Stü - Giroux
Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson

Either would be a pretty nice top 6, IMO, and would leave a nice 3rd line of Perron - Greig - Amadio. I think that's a top 9 that is playoff worthy.
Not "playoff bound"? Too pessimistic of you. :)

I think they are 4th quartile bound; might flirt with 3rd quartile for awhile.

He is the early range to return, post operation on a shoulder that has been operated on 2 times already.

It's completely normal until told otherwise.
No it is not "normal" at all.
We were told he was going to be ready for the start of the season.
This does not bode well for him starting the season at game 1 nor for playing without an injury hindering his play.
However it is consistent with what has happened the last 2 seasons, which is not good.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Worrying because the news dropped at the same time as the Aréna news so Ian Mendes is trying to bury a bad story with a better story in classic media manipulation fashion.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
How dare anyone call this man injury prone :mad:

He is not prone to all kinds of injuries! He is just injury prone to what used to be his shoulder and is now a floppy spaghetti noodle.

Yeesh!

• Haha
Reactions: OttawaSenators11
Oct 10, 2010
Per usual embarrassing Ottawa media.

Should have been known by now if Norris is injured or not.

If Norris played for Toronto or Montreal, we have answers already.

I see lots of new media around the club who appear to just be happy to be invited but take not taking advantage of the opportunity.

Basically waste of space.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
entirely speculation.
Imwhen he went off injured last year in positive there were people like “here we go with the over reaction!! “

Worrying because the news dropped at the same time as the Aréna news so Ian Mendes is trying to bury a bad story with a better story in classic media manipulation fashion.
Had the scrimmage happened yet? From what I understand Norris did participate this morning. Just not in the scrimmage

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
At this point we can't count on Norris anymore put Pinto at 2C and move Greig to 3C, this is getting ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad