Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
urprised-troybarnes.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not being on the ice for the start of training camp is very concerning. Any shoulder issue could mean he's just unable to play pro sports anymore.

But that's just me pontificating.
It's concerning if he's not available because he tweaked his shoulder, it's not concerning if he caught that damn cold that's doing it's rounds...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Are there other players currently out with a cold?
I'm just complaining because I can't stop coughing and it seems everyone with kids has someone in their house fighting a cold. Doesn't much matter if he's the only one with a cold or not, the point is more that it's only concerning if the reason he is out is linked to his shoulder, there are a myriad of other explanations that are less worrisome. When we get an update on the reason, I'll decide how I'm going to react, until then...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm just complaining because I can't stop coughing and it seems everyone with kids has someone in their house fighting a cold. Doesn't much matter if he's the only one with a cold or not, the point is more that it's only concerning if the reason he is out is linked to his shoulder, there are a myriad of other explanations that are less worrisome. When we get an update on the reason, I'll decide how I'm going to react, until then...

Yeah nothing to be worried about for now really, just a kid who's had three major shoulder surgeries and can't stay healthy. I'm sure it's nothing. :sarcasm:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah nothing to be worried about for now really, just a kid who's had three major shoulder surgeries and can't stay healthy. I'm sure it's nothing. :sarcasm:
You don't even know if he's out for health reasons, for all you know he's at the dentist, not hard to wait for an update before getting worried about it. He spoke after practice yesterday and seemed fine, he didn't seem concerned about it, saying he's happy he's 100% and ready to go, but what does he know...

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm sure they're taking a cautious approach with Norris. He's probably talking with doctors every single day or training camp, and if the guy woke up with any sort of pain or discomfort in his shoulder they're probably going to pull him aside to check it out further instead of putting him into a scrimmage against a fired up Brady Tkachuk who apparently was running people over today.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I'm sure they're taking a cautious approach with Norris. He's probably talking with doctors every single day or training camp, and if the guy woke up with any sort of pain or discomfort in his shoulder they're probably going to pull him aside to check it out further instead of putting him into a scrimmage against a fired up Brady Tkachuk who apparently was running people over today.

This is true, but if he woke up with pain or discomfort after the first practice of training camp, after declaring himself 100% healthy with no limitations, that still doesn't bode well. It would suggest that there are in fact limitations.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
You don't even know if he's out for health reasons, for all you know he's at the dentist, not hard to wait for an update before getting worried about it. He spoke after practice yesterday and seemed fine, he didn't seem concerned about it, saying he's happy he's 100% and ready to go, but what does he know...

I don't think Travis Green, from what we've heard about how he runs camp, is giving players the day off on day 2 to see the dentist for a routine cleaning. Unless I missed it and he took a puck to the face?

If he's not on the ice it's more likely than not because he can't be on the ice for injury related reasons, whether it's because he aggravated something or the team doctors are concerned that two hard days in a row will aggravate something. Hopefully it's not his shoulder, but with his history and how things went at last year's camp, it's only natural to make the assumption.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This is true, but if he woke up with pain or discomfort after the first practice of training camp, after declaring himself 100% healthy with no limitations, that still doesn't bode well. It would suggest that there are in fact limitations.
I agree it's not ideal, but he's still in the rehabbing process, and sometimes that comes with some minor setbacks or just being overly cautious. Maybe it's sore because he hasn't worked his shoulder that intensely in a while, maybe it's sore because he slept weird. Hell maybe he walked into a door frame and put a bruise on it. I just wouldn't panic yet, even though it's not what anyone wants to see.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I agree it's not ideal, but he's still in the rehabbing process, and sometimes that comes with some minor setbacks or just being overly cautious. Maybe it's sore because he hasn't worked his shoulder that intensely in a while, maybe it's sore because he slept weird. Hell maybe he walked into a door frame and put a bruise on it. I just wouldn't panic yet, even though it's not what anyone wants to see.

I don't think there's any reason to panic yet, but I also don't think there's any reason to think he'll be ready to go for game 1.

Most fans will remain skeptical until they see it, and this probably won't help.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
My thought is Travis Green knew this was going to be a violent day at camp and so he suggested Norris sit it out for precautionary reasons. At least I hope that's the case. However, it is concerning when Norris isn't able to take contact during the first days of camp after declaring he's fine.

Reactions: senswon

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think Travis Green, from what we've heard about how he runs camp, is giving players the day off on day 2 to see the dentist for a routine cleaning. Unless I missed it and he took a puck to the face?

If he's not on the ice it's more likely than not because he can't be on the ice for injury related reasons, whether it's because he aggravated something or the team doctors are concerned that two hard days in a row will aggravate something. Hopefully it's not his shoulder, but with his history and how things went at last year's camp, it's only natural to make the assumption.
The point is we don't know why he's off the ice. It might be his shoulder, they may have pre-scheduled a eval after day one for him to see how his shoulder holds up, he could have caught a cold, he could have pulled his groin, it's not hard to wait for the update before jumping to conclusions, right now, there isn't much to go on.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
The point is we don't know why he's off the ice. It might be his shoulder, they may have pre-scheduled a eval after day one for him to see how his shoulder holds up, he could have caught a cold, he could have pulled his groin, it's not hard to wait for the update before jumping to conclusions, right now, there isn't much to go on.

Sure, we don't know.

But my hunch is that if this was a scheduled day off or if it was something like a minor cold, that reason would have leaked to the press watching the practice by now and someone would have tweeted it.

But I guess we'll see. I disagree that there's no much to go on though. We have the last 2 years of Josh Norris' career to go on.

*Edit: Apparently he was on the ice before the scrimmage, but went off the ice before it started and didn't play. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do think it means he wasn't at the dentist or in bed with the sniffles.

Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad