Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think it’s more that they don’t want to say he’ll be back, only to have him experience a set back or not feel ready and basically have a repeat of last year’s panic.

I’m sure there’s a chance he’s not ready, but even if they think he’s 90% likely to be good to go, I can see them saying this to be on the safe side.
I interpret the Staios statements to mean that Norris is recovering well, is not yet ready or cleared to play, will require more time to get ready and be cleared to play, and there is no timeline but the team expects him to be ready to play soon but cannot say exactly when he will be ready to go.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
maxresdefault.jpg

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Interesting note.

A big take away is that Josh Norris is insured. That is assuming that Brent Wallace isn't speaking in generalities.

I always wondered if he was insured for the shoulder injuries, because he had them both before the contract was signed, and dating back to College. Sometimes, they will not insure pre-existing conditions (see Nathan Horton, back).

Obviously, I am not saying he is going to LTIRetire, but if he is insured that changes the long term implications of that contract being placed on LTIR if his shoulder does not hold up.

Unless it is a smoke screen, everything that we have heard so far indicated that he is ready or close to ready.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Lol everytime I read Josh Norris & IR in the same sentence in any publication/social media announcement i get worried.

May he played 82 games every season for the remainder of his career

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Interesting note.

A big take away is that Josh Norris is insured. That is assuming that Brent Wallace isn't speaking in generalities.

I always wondered if he was insured for the shoulder injuries, because he had them both before the contract was signed, and dating back to College. Sometimes, they will not insure pre-existing conditions (see Nathan Horton, back).

Obviously, I am not saying he is going to LTIRetire, but if he is insured that changes the long term implications of that contract being placed on LTIR if his shoulder does not hold up.

Unless it is a smoke screen, everything that we have heard so far indicated that he is ready or close to ready.
More like Josh NoIRris, amirite?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I feel like stu, pinto, norris greig is good centre depth. Swap in Gaudette if injuries strike.

I'm curious about cousins point totals with greig in the middle.

And hopefully some dingbat-hero does not run him through the boards during training camp. That would be the last thing we need and Josh needs.
Honestly, lay down the law on this. Norris can hit you, you can't hit him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Wonder who they play Norris with, he’s always had excellent chemistry with Batherson and I think he could use Batherson early in the season when he’s finding his sea legs. A guy like Grieg would be fun because Norris and him could be a good skating 2 way pair and Greig would add that element of gamesmanship that could really help Norris find an identity.

Big Norris fan, but like Pinto, Batherson, Chabot he’s still searching for an NHL identity and let’s see what Green makes of these guys

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I'm in the "Lower your expectations, you won't be as disappointed" territory. A good season for Josh IMO would be if he plays over 70 games, 20 goals and near 50 points. Then, it's up from there, Let him build confidence. Dude has missed too much hockey to just jump back into things,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad