Player Discussion Josh Norris (C) 6’-1” - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Norris can become a 35g 30a guy on the wing who can take faceoffs, that'll be a win, but even then, him staying healthy is the biggest value he can provide

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I was hoping there might be an update on Norris health and how things progressed after his operation, but there wasn’t any of that kind of info in the article.

And Green’s response to a question about the potential for Norris playing wing was not real illuminating or specific. He said he was open to anything. The article did say Norris has played a negligible amount on wing in the past.

Reactions: The Expert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To me Norris has a lot to prove to be in a top 2 C role on this team. Last year he was gifted that position back and underperformed in it. We know he could .. we don't know if he still can or will and be able to stay healthy. Norris would not engage in board play. first on puck or even supporting in puck battles .. He has to be able and willing to do that . With Stutzle, Pinto and Greig.. he has something to prove to take a spot at C.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Stutzle has clearly taken the 1C. Norris might get back to 2C level but he did not show that when he played last season. Pinto may be moving up to 2C if he continues to develop and Norris does not raise his game. Norris seems to have a spot at 3C potentially as I do not think Greig is there yet. 4C is up in the air at this time.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
To me Norris has a lot to prove to be in a top 2 C role on this team. Last year he was gifted that position back and underperformed in it. We know he could .. we don't know if he still can or will and be able to stay healthy. Norris would not engage in board play. first on puck or even supporting in puck battles .. He has to be able and willing to do that . With Stutzle, Pinto and Greig.. he has something to prove to take a spot at C.

Yep exactly, he was clearly still questionning his shoulder and I'm guessing it never felt right if he got injured again on a simple play. He played all year like he was scared of contact or anything that could potentially hurt his shoulder.

With how many injuries he's had to his now mechanical shoulders it will be a mental battle just to be able to play confidently like he used to. I expect another year of shy/perimeter play from him. If he's lucky he gets through the year without injuring his shoulders again and might get his mojo back.

I think Stutzle and Pinto are locked in the two most important lines on the team and Norris will be eased in and I just hope he can stay above water this year. I don't expect much from him. If he can just stay healthy and not cost the team it will be a big win.

I think there's chances he doesn't even play center.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Don’t understand why Sens fans are so low on Norris, the guy has a compete level, is a key part of the chemistry of the team and is a very very good top 6 player

So many fans going to have egg on their face when Norris plays this season at a level that he can simply play at which is a 2nd line C who can score and skate with anyone in the NHL who’s name doesn’t start with Mc.

Norris is going to be top 4 in scoring for forwards this year and Sens fans will need to eat crow

Reactions: OD99 and LiseL

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Don’t understand why Sens fans are so low on Norris, the guy has a compete level, is a key part of the chemistry of the team and is a very very good top 6 player

So many fans going to have egg on their face when Norris plays this season at a level that he can simply play at which is a 2nd line C who can score and skate with anyone in the NHL who’s name doesn’t start with Mc.

Norris is going to be top 4 in scoring for forwards this year and Sens fans will need to eat crow
Hey, if that happens, serve me up a huge plate of that big nasty black bird and I will happily eat it. I was very sour on Norris's chances of coming back but if he does I will be the happiest guy in Orleans. A healthy Josh Norris makes this team's forward skill and depth as good as anyone's...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Win??? That’s a slam dunk even before the injury
What do you mean by before the injury, because his last healthy season he put up 35g and 55 pts in 66 games, even the iteration of Norris that was still struggling with his shoulder not feeling right, after missing a full season was pacing at 26g 50 pts.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I don't think it's that hard to imagine why people might be low on Josh Norris.

Injuries can derail careers and in some cases end them very abruptly. It's been several years and several surgeries now since Josh has had shoulder problems and although things certainly look positive healthwise, we've seen him come back and get hurt fairly quickly. We can't rely on him to play a full season until he does.

Also, as it stands he still effectively had just one pretty good year with an abnormally high shooting percentage with prime ice time on a bad team with no expectations. Going forward, will we see this player again, even if he is healthy? Again, it's hard to say for sure if things just all came together for him or not. Is he really a 50-60 point player or can he go for 75-85?

I would certainly like to see that player back, but I'm not super confident about it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't think it's that hard to imagine why people might be low on Josh Norris.

Injuries can derail careers and in some cases end them very abruptly. It's been several years and several surgeries now since Josh has had shoulder problems and although things certainly look positive healthwise, we've seen him come back and get hurt fairly quickly. We can't rely on him to play a full season until he does.

Also, as it stands he still effectively had just one pretty good year with an abnormally high shooting percentage with prime ice time on a bad team with no expectations. Going forward, will we see this player again, even if he is healthy? Again, it's hard to say for sure if things just all came together for him or not. Is he really a 50-60 point player or can he go for 75-85?

I would certainly like to see that player back, but I'm not super confident about it.

I think you’re just in the pretending to be smart category - you’re critizinf something that could go wrong and if it doesn’t go wrong you can just say “all of my indicators had him doing poorly but as a Sens fan I’m happy he’s doing well”

If you watch Sens hockey you’ve seen 90% good out of Norris and 5% recovering from injury and 5% incompetent coaching. So if you’re critical of Norris it’s because you want to say “I told you so” because the eye ball test shows a solid top 6 NHL’er with speed, compete and hockey smarts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad