Value of: Josh Manson to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen, Manson, and Despres are all quality defensemen for Anaheim, but they can't protect all of them in the expansion draft unless they expose Rakell, which seems unlikely. That means they're at risk of losing one of these guys unless there's a move.

The Leafs coincidentally need a top 4 RHD to play with Gardiner, as Rielly-Zaitsev is working out well right now. The Leafs also have some quality scoring forwards that Anaheim could use to boost their forward group.

:leafs
Josh Manson

:ducks2
Kasperi Kapenen

Would this 1 for 1 swap work? Or would one side need to add?

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Also, Anaheim won't have to protect Despres if he's out to much longer, and even if they did, I doubt they would.

But anyways, I'd say no. Manson is too important right now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen, Manson, and Despres are all quality defensemen for Anaheim, but they can't protect all of them in the expansion draft unless they expose Rakell, which seems unlikely. That means they're at risk of losing one of these guys unless there's a move.

The Leafs coincidentally need a top 4 RHD to play with Gardiner, as Rielly-Zaitsev is working out well right now. The Leafs also have some quality scoring forwards that Anaheim could use to boost their forward group.

:leafs
Josh Manson

:ducks2
Kasperi Kapenen

Would this 1 for 1 swap work? Or would one side need to add?

They likely protect Manson over Despres now. Less injuries and money.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Yeah, we like Manson...some much needed physicality on the back end, and plays really great with Lindholm and Fowler.

I don't know. Realistically, that's an okay return for Manson, but we NEED him more than we need Kapanen.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Manson is unique amongst our young dmen in terms of what they bring to the table. He's extremely affordable and compliments both Lindholm and Fowler quite well. He's a keeper.

Vatanen is the most replaceable out of our young roster D due to what we have knocking on the door. Move him for a forward and our entire core is expansion exempt.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
I love Manson and wouldn't want to trade him, but Kapanen would be an awesome return for him. I wouldn't be too upset, but I'd be shocked if Manson was traded.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Value wise is good, but I doubt we move him and I think we find a way to keep him, he is signed cheap plays physical nd plays well with all of our dmen.

Nothing against kapanen, but manson is just too important to us winning now, though I like the value a lot.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
The value's good for both sides IMO, but, from our perspective, Manson shouldn't be moved. He's no franchise defender, but he's a solid #4 on a very team-friendly contract. That's invaluable to a team with a budget.

On the topic of the expansion, we don't need to move him. Despres isn't going to be protected at this point, and Bieksa hopefully will realize that Vegas won't be interested in him at this point in his career and waive his NMC. (he'll likely get bought out otherwise) Vatanen or Fowler can be moved out (preferably the former), and we'd be able to protect 7/3/1. It's idealism, but it's plausible. No need to make a panic trade, especially right now.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Given their cap situation and need for a forward or two, Ducks should consider offers for any defensemen not named Lindholm. Prior to the season, I thought Fowler was the best trade option, but given how well he's played, I have reconsidered. I'd rather trade Vatanen, but that would be hard since he just signed.

But in any trade made at this point of the season, the ducks need to be a better team THIS year. That means the trade needs to bring back an affordable top level forward or two who can contribute immediately. Kapenen is a nice prospect, but there is no reason to trade Fowler for him given those paramaters. If the ducks want to trade for Kapenen (or a player like him), they'd be better off trading Vats or one of their defensive prospects.

If the ducks fall out of contention, then at the deadline they can revisit the return in a trade or trades. But in any event, I think Fowler gets more at the deadline than Kapenen. Any team trading form him gets him for two playoff runs.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Good value for both teams but I don't see the Ducks as really needing to make the move. Kapanen while an excellent prospect, will not help them this season, while Manson is an important cog in their defense. At this point in the season, the only reason I can see the Ducks trading a defenseman for a prospect is cap relief, most likely in preparation for another deal. I don't really think that Manson's salary is large enough to make such a move necessary.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I don't see Toronto giving up on Kapanen already, especially after what looks to be a breakout season.

I think they would look for montour if they were to make a deal

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't see Toronto giving up on Kapanen already, especially after what looks to be a breakout season.

I think they would look for montour if they were to make a deal
I would consider montour for kapanen also now that Vatanen is locked up.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Id rather do a deal for Montour then Manson.

Do Defensemen grow on trees in Anaheim?

Yup. It's a side effect of using a liquid soylent green fertilizer, due to the drought. It's also organic, so the environmentalists stay happy. It gets kind of messy in the fall when the leaves start to turn.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yup. It's a side effect of using a liquid soylent green fertilizer, due to the drought. It's also organic, so the environmentalists stay happy. It gets kind of messy in the fall when the leafs start their season and trade requests.

Edited it for you :sarcasm:

No but the OP proposal is not bad. It just does not make a lot of sense right now for the Ducks. Manson plays a key complementary role in top4 and this Ducks core is getting another shot together before Murray makes serious moves.
I just don`t see us making that move right now

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He will or he will be bought out.

Its a no brainer. Using a spot on Bieksa with one year left on his contract would be the worst decision possible.

I think since he is 35+ he'd get 3/4s of his money so he'd probably be fine with a buyout

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad