Confirmed with Link: Josh Jooris signed

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Who the hell is that

inb4 someone says google is your friend

Flame Fanatic had this to say about him after the prospect camp

Right of the bat, he became my favorite invite from day one. He’s got a lot of attributes that make me like him. A lot of tenacity, battles for the puck, great skater, and a really good accurate shot. I’m hoping he at least gets offered an AHL deal, as he was easily the most consistent and biggest standout for me. I’m not sure if he has NHL upside in any role bigger than a Jesse Winchester utility style forward who is good at a lot of things, but none good enough to stick (if even that much), but I’d like to take a chance on him.

more info on him : http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76087

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Flame Fanatic had this to say about him after the prospect camp

Right of the bat, he became my favorite invite from day one. He’s got a lot of attributes that make me like him. A lot of tenacity, battles for the puck, great skater, and a really good accurate shot. I’m hoping he at least gets offered an AHL deal, as he was easily the most consistent and biggest standout for me. I’m not sure if he has NHL upside in any role bigger than a Jesse Winchester utility style forward who is good at a lot of things, but none good enough to stick (if even that much), but I’d like to take a chance on him.

more info on him : http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=76087

Haha thank you I just went to dig that up

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Here is what I wrote in the dev camp thread
Josh Jooris - In my opinion he is the most "AHL" ready and talented of the UFA's at camp. I like his skating ability, vision, and size. I would definitely offer him an AHL deal if that is something he interested in, but I would imagine he would prefer to go and play a fourth year at Union in that case.

He was easily the most impressive invite at camp in my estimation.
I am interested in seeing if it is an NHL deal or just an amateur contract.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Really? Well, we just let a bunch of AHL forwards walk (Aliu, Cameron, Kolanos, Testwuide) not to mention Carter Bancks never accepted his qualifying offer. He's a right shot too so that's a (small) plus. I'm not really expecting much but hopefully he can provide some spark for guys in the AHL.

The AHL group should be interesting.

Byron - Reinhart - Nemisz
Elson - Granlund - Hanowski
Ferland - Street - Jooris
Eddy - Bancks - Howse

Breen/Cundari - Billins
Wotherspoon - Sieloff
Martin - Ramage

Berra/Ortio/Brossoit

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
^ Is Carter Bancks quitting pro hockey and going to school or something?

Who knows? Maybe he figures he won't get a chance with the Flames and wants to try somewhere else (they did give him two games last year). He's a heart-and-soul guy, but at an AHL player at best.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Who knows? Maybe he figures he won't get a chance with the Flames and wants to try somewhere else (they did give him two games last year). He's a heart-and-soul guy, but at an AHL player at best.

Yeah that's why I was thinking he'd maybe play University hockey and get a degree if he wants to go down that path, haven't heard anything about him being added to a University roster though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I remember hearing Kerr pronouncing his name as Churros, and he instantly became my favourite player to watch during the scrimmages.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There are a couple very good reasons to decline a qualifying offer since a QO for him would be a 1 year deal @ 616,00 (NHL)/~60,000 (AHL).

I would say Bancks is looking for 2 years of possible with a higher AHL salary. He likely knows he won't be an NHL regular, so stability in the AHL will be key for a player of his ilk.

Aug 3, 2010
I remember hearing Kerr pronouncing his name as Churros, and he instantly became my favourite player to watch during the scrimmages.

He's my cousin

Congrats guy. You will love him. Awesome player, awesome kid
I was wondering how that last name was pronounced.

I wouldn't have guessed it would be like "Jorros". I was guessing "Yor-ris" or "Jewris" or "Jor-rus".

Clarification from the cousin would be nice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hope you didn't step on anyone's toes kid. If this isn't official and the NCAA thinks he has an agent he could be declared ineligible to return to play for Union.

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
I hope you didn't step on anyone's toes kid. If this isn't official and the NCAA thinks he has an agent he could be declared ineligible to return to play for Union.

Do you seriously think the NCAA wouldn't allow to him to come back because someone said he's his cousin and he signed?

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Josh Jooris to be signed? Part 2: REVENGEANCE

Looks like this rumor had some legs after all. It's not official but even the kid's coach has made comments that seem to assume that it's actually happening.

Darren Haynes
‏@DarrenHaynes_CP
Josh Jooris, 23, who played NCAA the last 3 years has signed with #Flames. He played very well at #Flames dev camp. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2013/jul/30/jooris-leaving-union-for-calgary-flames/ …
https://twitter.com/DarrenHaynes_CP/status/362209248916160512

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2013/jul/30/jooris-leaving-union-for-calgary-flames/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad