News: Josh Ho-Sang has requested a trade

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If he is traded will probably be for a very late pick or future considerations.

Possibly and player for player swap because of contracts but I’m not sure who could fit that would come the other way.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm glad he asked for a trade. He does need a fresh start...there has been a lot of back and forth talk made public in the media between Ho-Sang and NYI. Definitely some bad blood there.

He needs to go to another team so he can focus on hockey again...and he needs to stop talking to the media so much also...

backchecking and giving up on trying the dipsy-doo everytime he has the puck wouldn'y be a bad start either

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Homesick

Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Maybe a conditional pick based on Ho-Sang's success level.
He was free two days ago. It will come down to a team wanting the Isles to take on one of their 50 contract spots. Junk for junk with no performance based conditional picks.Especially with his baggage

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I was vaguely surprised no one took a gamble on the kid and claimed him for free.
if you are capped on contracts. you would have to jettison one to pick him up.
if he isnt as good as the guy you are dumping, its not so surprising

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think it has to do with having to keep him in the NHL. Now if you trade for him he can start out on your AHL team and you can call him up if need be.

Agreed but my point still stands.....no one could put this kid in their lineup now? A bit surprised tbh......hopefully the kid gets a break.

Reactions: SI90

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
lol kid is gonna be waiting for a loooonnnnnggggg time. Teams wouldn't even claim him for free when he was on waivers. What the hell makes the Ho-Sang camp think someone now wants to give up something for him?
17 teams have at least 47 contracts on the books, they may not have been willing to lose contract spot flexibility later in the season for a opening day waiver claim that may not be an NHL regular. Also, anyone putting in a claim for Ho-Sang would have had to keep him in the NHL, with him clearing first it gives additional flexibility. We see guys traded semi-regularly after clearing waivers.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
If he is traded will probably be for a very late pick or future considerations.

Possibly and player for player swap because of contracts but I’m not sure who could fit that would come the other way.
At this point of the season, it would have to be a contract coming back. Otherwise, anyone interested in him would have taken him for free. Basically our "problem" for someone else's "problem."

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Brilliant idea! Vegas should trade Holden for Ho Sang, then put Ho Sang on waivers!

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i know he's got some ego problem, but jesus i'd like Montreal to take a flyer at him, he's got some undeniable elite puck skills, the guy isn't lazy on the ice either, he just got some brain cramps at times.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
i know he's got some ego problem, but jesus i'd like Montreal to take a flyer at him, he's got some undeniable elite puck skills, the guy isn't lazy on the ice either, he just got some brain cramps at times.

We have enough of this type of player...We're good.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Considering he cleared waivers, I doubt the Isles are going to get anything like a draft pick or unsigned prospect back, at least not on it's own.

Probably ends up swapped one for one for another teams recently cleared waiver fodder. Anybody's AHL team need some depth on the wing?

Reactions: Daxi

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

It's more than just brain cramps. A small breeze knocks him off the puck and his skates. For the Islanders he was just another Rob Schremp, Jeff Tambellini, Justin Papineau, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad