NFL: Josh Gordon reinstated - suspended for first 4 games (UPD: Enters rehab)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think he has now learned his lesson, after missing an entire year and then some. Especially after he was denied in March, probably realizes his time is running out and he's wasting his talent.

Had 1600 YDS and 9 TD in 14 games three years back with Campbell/Weeden as his QBs, I think he'll put up some solid numbers now that he's reunited with RG3. (If he's the starter)

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
So much talent. Hopefully he can do something with what is probably his last chance.

Just not against Pittsburgh, please.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I still expect him to follow in path of Tenard Jackson

So I wont be shocked if he tests positive again before returning and then being suspended again indefinitely

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Good for him because he's getting help but still unfortunate since he was going to be reinstated next week (unless he failed another test we don't know about). Hopefully he gets back at some point.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He had the talent to make $100 million.

... he still can. He's probably doing this to 100% absolve himself of whatever he has the need for... that way he can focus on football when he's done and not have any triggers. Only 25 years old.

IIRC he's never actually been mandated by the league to enter rehab.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's missed a lot of football. The odds of him being what he was is slim. Just like Aldon Smith. Went from a force of nature to an average pass rusher.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'd love to see this kid in New England, as much as that would terrify me. Randy Moss did the same thing to rehabilitate his career and that seemed to work out ok.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looks the Browns are done with him. I'm sure someone else will kick the tires once he can make it back on the field.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looks the Browns are done with him. I'm sure someone else will kick the tires once he can make it back on the field.

Odd. I know there have been rumours of them shopping him but after everything they've already put up with, this is when they're done with him? Makes me wonder if he'll even be reinstated next week.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Odd. I know there have been rumours of them shopping him but after everything they've already put up with, this is when they're done with him? Makes me wonder if he'll even be reinstated next week.

He probably went to rehab just to avoid playing with the Browns and will exit rehab as soon as another team signs him

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Jackson didn't elaborate so I'm willing tobet they deal him for a conditional pick once he's out of rehab. But I don't think this is the end of football for him, he's already been clean for a while now (hence his reinstatement, if he fails a test it goes out the window) so I think rehab is just to 100% absolve him of whatever issues he may have and separate from his old ways. It'll also show teams & the league he's serious about being sober.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'd love to see this kid in New England, as much as that would terrify me. Randy Moss did the same thing to rehabilitate his career and that seemed to work out ok.

difference was that Moss was still in playing shape and active in his career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad