Josh Anderson M-NTC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which teams are in no trade list of Josh Anderson?

• Calgary

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • San Jose

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • Columbus

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Utah

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Buy out at beginning of next season (unlikely)

Buy out before 26-27 season with one year remaining:

I think Anderson gets bought out after the 25-26 season, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if he was bought out after this one.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022

I think Anderson gets bought out after the 25-26 season, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if he was bought out after this one.
No need to do that. Next year, we can just retain 50% which is 2.75Mx2y.
At that cap hit, I am sure we can find a team for him and trade him away if needed.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

The Canadiens are absolutely not buying out Josh Anderson.

This would be the height of stupidity.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's not known for his impact in the playoffs. You claiming it doesn't make it true. Playoff players produce in the playoffs.

This isn't true. I distinctly remember everyone being amazed by Anderson against Tampa Bay in the playoffs, regardless of production. The poster you are quoting is correct. IIRC Even Yzerman had said to the effect of his team having no answer for him.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
This isn't true. I distinctly remember everyone being amazed by Anderson against Tampa Bay in the playoffs, regardless of production. The poster you are quoting is correct. IIRC Even Yzerman had said to the effect of his team having no answer for him.

This is true, I was wondering if anyone was going to add some context to what happened in 2019. The shine didn’t last very long but Anderson was a wrecking ball against Tampa (30+ recorded hits) and had 2 pts in the game 1 comeback where the Beejs never looked back. He was just a little bit shy of age 25 and had 27 goals, he was on the radar of a lot of people. 1 goal in ~27 reg season games later and the injury concerns erased the lustre

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldthorpe

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
One notable playoff series half a decade ago is irrelevant. It's like saying someone has a good CV when they've shined on an internship one time.

He scores at a 26pt/season pace in the playoffs.

This is true, I was wondering if anyone was going to add some context to what happened in 2019. The shine didn’t last very long but Anderson was a wrecking ball against Tampa (30+ recorded hits) and had 2 pts in the game 1 comeback where the Beejs never looked back. He was just a little bit shy of age 24 and had 27 goals, he was on the radar of a lot of people. 1 goal in ~27 reg season games later and the injury concerns erased the lustre
That was the series where Tampa totally imploded and looked tepid throughout, I now remember. Good for Josh, it got him paid. He's still not a playoff player, he's a terrible playoff player actually.

He got 17min a game and managed 4pts in 10gp, 3 in the same game and 1 in another. 4pts in 2gp and 0pts in 8gp, -5, 22pims. Couldn't pay me to carry a player like this in my top6.

1727109808871.png

Last edited:
Reactions: the valiant effort

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
One notable playoff series half a decade ago is irrelevant. It's like saying someone has a good CV when they've shined on an internship one time.

He scores at a 26pt/season pace in the playoffs.

That was the series where Tampa totally imploded and looked tepid throughout, I now remember. Good for Josh, it got him paid. He's still not a playoff player, he's a terrible playoff player actually.

He got 17min a game and managed 4pts in 10gp, 3 in the same game and 1 in another. 4pts in 2gp and 0pts in 8gp, -5, 22pims. Couldn't pay me to carry a player like this in my top6.

View attachment 908952

But you said he's not known for his impact in the playoffs. I was just showing you that this isn't true. That other poster wasn't 'misremembering'. I don't think anyone is arguing that Anderson as is is a good top-6 option. With that said, I still thought he was useful in our own run to the finals in 2021 and he scored some big goals for us.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
But you said he's not known for his impact in the playoffs. I was just showing you that this isn't true. That other poster wasn't 'misremembering'. I don't think anyone is arguing that Anderson as is is a good top-6 option. With that said, I still thought he was useful in our own run to the finals in 2021 and he scored some big goals for us.
He did score a couple of huge goals, no way that can be denied

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad