Josh Anderson M-NTC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which teams are in no trade list of Josh Anderson?

• Calgary

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • San Jose

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Columbus

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Utah

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Toronto

• Other

• Total voters

Demigod Gloves

Oct 1, 2017
I still have faith in this guy and dont want to give up on him yet, some players help you get to the playoffs and others help you win in the playoffs.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but with Columbus having more cap room do you think they’d be interested in Anderson? I think it would be stupid

Reactions: HabsQC

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If the Dvo line is indeed the 3rd line, I'm surprised MSL has young guy Roy on it. I'm also surprised Anderson is on it ahead of Armia. Armia finished last year strong, and had good chemistry with Roy.

Also, MSL likes Gallagjer. And Evan's finished ahead of Dvobinbthe depth chart last year. We'll see who h of these two lines ends up being the 3rd line and which the 4th.

Reactions: rickthegoon

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Next summer, the Habs will still be stuck with Gallagher, Anderson and Price. Why the buyout? They have ample cap room to keep Anderson. Quality UFAs will be signed before season's end. Crosby is out for instance. The cap will increase and HuGo has done an excellent job at locking up the future core long term.
#1 Crosby is not out
#2 If you can't even play him on your 4th line, will Molson accept paying someone 5.5 mil to play in the AHL?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but with Columbus having more cap room do you think they’d be interested in Anderson? I think it would be stupid
IMO, Columbus would only be interested in Anderson if the Habs paid an added incentive for them to take the contract. It would be weaponizing their cap space, just as Hughes has done with the Canadiens. It doesn't make sense for the Habs to do this now, though, and I doubt that Hughes would do it.

Reactions: StCaufield

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Next summer, the Habs will still be stuck with Gallagher, Anderson and Price. Why the buyout? They have ample cap room to keep Anderson. Quality UFAs will be signed before season's end. Crosby is out for instance. The cap will increase and HuGo has done an excellent job at locking up the future core long term.
I think most fans want to see an on ice compliment that will be closer to what the end product needs be and the sooner the better.
I can't stress the importance I put in graduating kids into the fold as soon as they are ready.
The longer we can extend the window the better chance we will have at claiming the ultimate prize.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Something I have to say about Josh Anderson. I immediately became a fan when he fought Jamie Benn and Zdeno Chara years ago. He just played like a prototype power forward. I always wanted the Habs to trade for him. I was ecstatic when they acquired him. 20 goals, north south player, very tough...what's not to like.
As a fan I can imagine how tough it is to score goals.
What made me sour on Anderson was watching him disappear for several games in a row, watching him do nothing when his teammates were being roughed up.
I hope he gets back to the 15-17 goals and plays a hard game.

We all want him to succeed.

Reactions: Lazytrout

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Would be hilarious if we sent him back to CBJ + their 2nd (for "future considerations").

With all that cap room, getting their own pick back (to access more Offer sheet options next summer) would be a smart decision. Anderson's familiarity with the city, franchise & Monahan doesn't hurt, and their roster/cap situation makes rolling the dice on Josh finding his game/confidence a reasonable option... Plus, they can easily retain 50% and try to flip him for more assets if they don't like the fit either.

That he puts them comfortably over the cap floor while not likely slowing down their tank train is another positive.

Let's go Don, Ken, make it happen!

Reactions: StCaufield

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Tyson does not need white knighting but if you are arguing Anderson’s laughable, face palming play every time he hit the ice is attributable to his toi or team mates I feel compelled to disagree.

Send this guy to Laval and hope he gets picked up on waivers.

edit - unless Nicolas is a miracle worker…

Here we go again...

I'm not "arguing" anything. I simply pointed out that claiming the player who ranked 9th in ice time among forwards received "top line minutes" is plainly and simply false.

I've already said this, but this isn't an opinion, it's simply a statement of fact, so it's kind of bizarre it's led to multiple responses, almost always with a response to something I haven't said. I have not once, win this entire thread, talked about the calibre of Josh Anderson's play. I've only discussed his ice time, which was dramatically increased in the original post.

I really don't know how to be any clearer.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
#1 Crosby is not out
#2 If you can't even play him on your 4th line, will Molson accept paying someone 5.5 mil to play in the AHL?
To your 2nd point, nhl contracts being guaranteed he’ll pay him (and everyone with a contract regardless) no matter what, and these guys don’t work a factory line or client services so it’s not like it creates a hole in the output. Seems irrelevant.

The only downfall to sitting him is team chemistry (he seems like a well liked nice guy, part of the gang) and his trade value. Neither of which sound like an owner problem to solve.

If Nicolas worked his magic, and/or msl allows his line to play north-south give him the puck in our own zone after his first few strides and gtfo after the shot and/or issuing possession loss then there’s potential spot on the roster for him I suppose.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Just throwing this out there: Maybe playing with a legitimate NHL centre would help?
Oh please, that's not why Anderson was horrible last year. His performance was completely on him. The reason he "might" bounce back is because he's been a 20 goalscorer (or on pace) for most seasons in his career.

Reactions: Tyson

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Here we go again...

I'm not "arguing" anything. I simply pointed out that claiming the player who ranked 9th in ice time received "top line minutes" is plainly and simply false.

I've already said this, but this isn't an opinion, it's simply a statement of fact, so it's kind of bizarre it's led to multiple responses, almost always with a response to something I haven't said. I have not once, win this entire thread, talked about the calibre of Josh Anderson's play. I've only discussed his ice time, which was dramatically increased in the original post.

I really don't know how to be any clearer.
Any chance you publish his total toi spent per team mate on here since you are based on facts? I don’t have access to this:

Any way I phrase it to chat gpt it keeps telling me he spent plenty of time with the top 6 or the pp when players (like Slaf) were injured, and that said team mate’s output crashed over the last 2 years, which matches my eye test (but can’t break it down as it does not seem to have an account either and is basing on game reports lol)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
To your 2nd point, nhl contracts being guaranteed he’ll pay him (and everyone with a contract regardless) no matter what, and these guys don’t work a factory line or client services so it’s not like it creates a hole in the output. Seems irrelevant.

The only downfall to sitting him is team chemistry (he seems like a well liked nice guy, part of the gang) and his trade value. Neither of which sound like an owner problem to solve.

If Nicolas worked his magic, and/or msl allows his line to play north-south give him the puck in our own zone after his first few strides and gtfo after the shot and/or issuing possession loss then there’s potential spot on the roster for him I suppose.
They are guaranteed at 2/3 for a buyout. That's quite in the CBA and quite an avenue any team owner can take.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
They are guaranteed at 2/3 for a buyout. That's quite in the CBA and quite an avenue any team owner can take.
I imagine there is a case to ne made that if the owner would rather he be traded than bought out to save $ he would need showcasing.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I imagine there is a case to ne made that if the owner would rather he be traded than bought out to save $ he would need showcasing.
Yes, for sure. There is a difference between wanting to help the team though and being able to help the team. We'll see how his season goes. I don't expect his name in any trades however, and much less the GM asking for his no trade list.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I still have faith in this guy and dont want to give up on him yet, some players help you get to the playoffs and others help you win in the playoffs.
Sorry but I despise that quote as it just isn't true.

Players who only "get you to the playoffs" are always the reason that you lose in the playoffs. You need players who show up for every game to get to the playoffs as well as being successful in the playoffs in order to win in the playoffs. Generally your best players in the regular season are also your best players in the playoffs on Cup winners/finalists.

Hopefully Josh can turn it around and bring consistent effort and physicality.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Anderson isn't a player who gets anyone through the playoffs either. He doesn't produce enough.

Reactions: Tyson

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Any chance you publish his total toi spent per team mate on here since you are based on facts? I don’t have access to this:

Any way I phrase it to chat gpt it keeps telling me he spent plenty of time with the top 6 or the pp when players (like Slaf) were injured, and that said team mate’s output crashed over the last 2 years, which matches my eye test (but can’t break it down as it does not seem to have an account either and is basing on game reports lol)
I find chat GPT to be so wrong when it comes to hockey stats. I've played around with it asking to show me a list of players with 30+ goal seasons that had shoulder surgery, and ALL of them were wrong. Try fact checking it lol it'll be like "oh yea sorry you're right, Ovechkin did not get shoulder surgery my apologies"

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

It's ironic. Most players do better under MSL because he frees them up to play to their talents and that east- west game. Anderson actually probably will do better if he's just doing a north- south up the wing, beat the D, cut to the inside and shoot game. That's it, that's his game. If he gets on track for 20 with us 30-40 games into the season, then we can probably trade him for a decent asset. Likely at TDL though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad