Josh Anderson M-NTC

Which teams are in no trade list of Josh Anderson?

• Calgary

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • San Jose

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Columbus

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Utah

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Josh Anderson is one of the contracts we would like to offload. 3 years remaining with 5,5M cap hit is a lot for 20 points. He has a Modified No Trade Clause - 5 teams list. These lists are never public, so I was wondering, what do you think. What are those 5 teams on his list?
Just an easy poll to have a little bit of relax before the draft :)

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I went with

WPG
EDM
CGY
BUF -> "Bad" weather, bad organization, small town, high-tax state

and added TOR as the fifth.

SJS only if the player is super obsessed with maximizing revenue because it's otherwise a good organization in a great place to play. CBJ is not as bad as BUF due to taxes.

Maybe VAN could be considered too but I think the draw of BC's weather and vibes would keep it off the NTC lists.

Reactions: Egresch

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
His contract is a full NTC

No.
1719403704816.png

EDIT: Oh, you meant that way. :laugh:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
From what people like LeBrun and Dreger are saying, I think he could be moved at 50% retained.

I'd do that if Hughes can find a suitor. Eating 2.5m x3 to get rid of a guy who will only get worse and more injured as the years go by is addition by substraction and retention

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd do that if Hughes can find a suitor. Eating 2.5m x3 to get rid of a guy who will only get worse and more injured as the years go by is addition by substraction and retention

He doesn't fit MSL's style.

It seems MSL's attempt to change his game and not make him a one dimensional north south winger, who only takes the puck to the net, took away his one dimension.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
He doesn't fit MSL's style.

It seems MSL's attempt to change his game and not make him a one dimensional north south winger, who only takes the puck to the net, took away his one dimension.

I also suspect that his body is starting to fail him and that it will only get worse and worse. These type of fast physical north-south forecheckers usually drop off a cliff in their 30's when they start losing a step. Add his bad shoulder to the mix and i won't be surprised if Josh ended up getting LTIR in the near future

If Hughes gets an occasion to trade him he should just jump on it. The writing is on the wall

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I also suspect that his body is starting to fail him and that it will only get worse and worse. These type of fast physical north-south forecheckers usually drop off a cliff in their 30's when they start losing a step. Add his bad shoulder to the mix and i won't be surprised if Josh ended up getting LTIR in the near future

If Hughes gets an occasion to trade him he should just jump on it. The writing is on the wall

I agree about those types.

But two things MAY make Anderson a different case.
1) His speed is elite. Sometimes fast skaters can still play because when they lose a step, they're still at or above average NHL pace.
2) Is he really that physical, lol? He's no Clarkson/Gallagher/Tucker type when it comes to the intensity he played at night in night out during his prime.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I could live with his lack of production on the first 3 years of his contract. But last year was just a complete and utter disgrace from A to Z. The guy's not even a factor on the forecheck anymore.

Reactions: Wats and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I could live with his lack of production on the first 3 years of his contract. But last year was just a complete and utter disgrace from A to Z. The guy's not even a factor on the forecheck anymore.
I am not sure how MSL will handle Anderson if he brings another pitiful performance again. MSL seems to turn the other cheek when it comes to this player.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Looking forward to another 20 point season with no accountability
If he stays, I would be happy with 20 points because I expect significant drop of icetime for Andy. No more PP just 3rd or 4th line duties. This season he was on average of 15:27, 1:37 of PP.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
My guess would be that Hughes trades him to Pittsburgh. They have no future (terrible prospect pool and no picks), so additional two years do not matter for them. We might take some 1 year contract back (Eller, Smith) and include guys like RHP/Ylonen/Pezzetta/Harris/Kovacevic who do not have high value for our future.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Such an ugly contract for us, but I don't think they need to buy him out yet. I think it's in their best interest to try to get him going for a trade. If we have wingers on the farm that show they're truly ready to jump up and he's still playing terribly, I'd be in favour of putting him on waivers. Maybe things unfold like they did with Armia last year where he improved after waivers.

Reactions: Joe Lamb

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
In general players do NOT want to be moved to Winnipeg, Ottawa, Columbus, Phoenix , Buffalo

I think Andy could bounce back and get 20 this year if Dach is back and the offense is spread around.

I am not sure how MSL will handle Anderson if he brings another pitiful performance again. MSL seems to turn the other cheek when it comes to this player.

yet he keeps throwing out RHP for some reason. Maybe a Roy can help jump start Anderson this year outside the PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad