Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There a few ex-players from Montreal that I REALLY wish the best of luck. I'll be honest...most of them...I wish they just fail....my bad side talking.

Here's one guy I REALLY wish that will succeed. Good kid. Fine player. With more chances to shine, Jackets might get a good one there.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was wondering how Hughes was going to move the surplus LD's.

This is a great use of such an asset.

I hope Harris continues to progress and becomes a very reliable top 4 dman.

I liked him, and goes to show all the haters who said he had no value
Well we got a 2nd back for taking on Laine's contract. I'm not sure this trade shows Harris had value. I'm just not sure.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Found him to be afraid of contact. I think he’s a smart player so maybe he’ll carve a path for himself but the physical aspect is a hurdle on the road to being a known commodity in the NHL.

Incidentally at 1.4m he is the highest cap hit player of our Expendables. Interesting.

Reactions: Andrei79

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I hope he has a good long career. We did him a favour. He wasn’t going to crack the lineup her but I think he can do well elsewhere.

Best of luck!

Reactions: DAChampion

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I was wondering how Hughes was going to move the surplus LD's.

This is a great use of such an asset.

I hope Harris continues to progress and becomes a very reliable top 4 dman.

Well we got a 2nd back for taking on Laine's contract. I'm not sure this trade shows Harris had value. I'm just not sure.
I mean it wasn't
Laine's contract had negative value; they had to give assets if they weren't willing to eat some of his salary. How does this demonstrate that Harris had any value?
There were other offers out there, given they were fleeced, you don't think CBJ valued Harri

Reactions: Schooner Guy

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I mean it wasn't

There were other offers out there, given they were fleeced, you don't think CBJ valued Harri
Most teams don't have the salary to take on the 8.7 million $ salary of Laine. So CBJ would have had to take on additional, burdensome contracts to make it match. The Habs didn't and were rewarded with a pick.

Harris probably had a bit of value, but nothing substantial.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Most teams don't have the salary to take on the 8.7 million $ salary of Laine. So CBJ would have had to take on additional, burdensome contracts to make it match. The Habs didn't and were rewarded with a pick.

Harris probably had a bit of value, but nothing substantial.
Folks were he'd go unclaimed if he went on waivers

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There a few ex-players from Montreal that I REALLY wish the best of luck. I'll be honest...most of them...I wish they just fail....my bad side talking.

Here's one guy I REALLY wish that will succeed. Good kid. Fine player. With more chances to shine, Jackets might get a good one there.
Harris is cheap, young NHL caliber D-man. Harris for a 2nd is a wash.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

I really feel you on this behavior. We will never have to fear him but I think he will always play the Habs hard.

Good Luck Harris, just not against the Habs :P

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I've been so impressed with Harris anytime I've heard him interviewed. Very smart person who was raised well. He's also a smart player who will likely have a long career as a 5-6 Dman who can pinch hit as a 3-4 for durations. Sad to see him go but Habs have other LHD ahead of him in their core.

Best of luck in CBJ, kid!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It sucks that we'll have to close this topic and that he's not a Montreal Canadiens player anymore...

Harris was my friendou since Day 1 when he arrived at Montreal for the first time. We became friends. I showed him his prospect topic on HFHabs. I'll never forgive him.

Goodou luck to him and hopefully one day he'll come back as a Montreal Canadiens player!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He was probably 4th or 5th on the LD depth chart and Engstrom will be knocking soon. With Harris he was a victim of the numbers game.
He will get ample ice time in Columbus.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad