Jordan Eberle 100 goals montage.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Neat video. I noticed they used preseason goals for #19 and #20 for some reason. :huh:

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Neat video. I noticed they used preseason goals for #19 and #20 for some reason. :huh:

Were they? Hmm. Maybe those are the only Pre-Season goals Ebs has ever scored so they tossed those clips in there? :huh:

It's just so cool to see a kid who I still think we 'stole' in the '08 draft potting 100 different goals. Dat toe-drag though! :bow:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Is the video working?
Take out '&feature=youtu.be' from the link and it will work. :)

Were they? Hmm. Maybe those are the only Pre-Season goals Ebs has ever scored so they tossed those clips in there? :huh:
That's Manny Legace in #19, I can tell by the goalie pads, haha. #77 is also a Perron tip-in.

The rest of them are in order, so it was easy to find the three missing regular season goals:

#52 vs Anaheim (April 5, 2012)
#55 vs Colorado (January 28, 2013)
#72 @ Chicago (November 10, 2013)

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

That's Manny Legace in #19, I can tell by the goalie pads, haha. #77 is also a Perron tip-in.

The rest of them are in order, so it was easy to find the three missing regular season goals:

Thank you Del, I feel stupid knowing that I knew that.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Thank you Del, I feel stupid knowing that I knew that.
No problem, sometimes it can be tricky. JCF, just put this between the [NHL] tags in the original post to get the video to show up: 668247&catid=4

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

Audio isn't perfect, but the hands are.

Thanks for the effort of recording it for us.

No problem, sometimes it can be tricky. JCF, just put this between the [NHL] tags in the original post to get the video to show up: 668247&catid=4

[NHL]668247&catid=4[/NHL]

Thank you.

I saw the most highlights against:

Colorado
Nashville
Minnesota

....And the Leafs.

He's also seamed to score quite a few against Vancouver.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I only noticed 2 goals with the goalie pulled so there's not much artificial padding in there, a lot of gaping net goals though just from smart positioning and nice dekes in close.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Awesome, Eberle is so effective when his teammates open up space for him. Lots of those early wrister goals had Smytty or Horc in front of the net.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Something I noticed... only 3 toe-drag goals.

That means if Ebs pulls off a toe-drag, the puck probably isn't going in.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
It's interesting to see the change in his goals scored. He definitely carried the puck a lot more a few years ago, the later goals in the video show him getting a lot of loose pucks.

Honestly I'm really in favour of breaking up the top line. I really don't care that they like playing together, but in many aspects they don't really complement each other's playing styles.

Have RNH and Eberle together as the cerebral pair, and then Hall and Yak as a high energy/balls to the wall style line

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
It's interesting to see the change in his goals scored. He definitely carried the puck a lot more a few years ago, the later goals in the video show him getting a lot of loose pucks.

Honestly I'm really in favour of breaking up the top line. I really don't care that they like playing together, but in many aspects they don't really complement each other's playing styles.

Have RNH and Eberle together as the cerebral pair, and then Hall and Yak as a high energy/balls to the wall style line
I noticed that too. Back then, his goals came from driving the net, beating a man + getting a shot off or clean snipes. His last bunch were from scrambles, broken plays, and easy tap-ins with the odd snipe mixed in there. That's a little worrying if you ask me, he was a much more dynamic and dangerous player when he was younger.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I noticed that too. Back then, his goals came from driving the net, beating a man + getting a shot off or clean snipes. His last bunch were from scrambles, broken plays, and easy tap-ins with the odd snipe mixed in there. That's a little worrying if you ask me, he was a much more dynamic and dangerous player when he was younger.

All match up based, earlier in his career Renney was getting these guys out against the 4 to 6th defensemen. Now hes playing against the Weber, doughtys of the NHL.

Thats the difference we are seeing.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
All match up based, earlier in his career Renney was getting these guys out against the 4 to 6th defensemen. Now hes playing against the Weber, doughtys of the NHL.

Thats the difference we are seeing.

Agreed. Again Eakins showing how great of a hiring he was :laugh:. Love Eberle, great player with a lethal shot. I'm so skeptical I want the Eberle Alternate Captain jersey but I have a large feeling in my gut he's going to be shipped out sooner or later.

Also on that topic, can someone PM me where to get just the home A patch. Need for for my hall jersey!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Bingo.

Getting crunched several times in the past probably made him a tad more hesitant to charge.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Barring any major injuries I can see him hitting 400 goals by the end of his career.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005

It looks to me like those goals are in there?

Goal #19 is definitely not Legace. Looks like Luongo to me.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It looks to me like those goals are in there?

Goal #19 is definitely not Legace. Looks like Luongo to me.
It's been changed since I posted that. Apparently someone from the Oilers read my post. :sarcasm:

Post #5 by Throttlehead has the video that was originally up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad