Player Discussion Joonas Korpisalo

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He was under siege in the 3rd period with a 1 goal lead and held the line

he allowed 3 goals on 25 shots to a heavily injured/suspended colorado avs team lol.

He’s currently 60th out of 68 goalies in save percentage.

Also, Letourneau is pointless in 3 games. No big deal, and I wouldn't expect a lot from a freshman, but hard to say he's off to a good start.

But Kastelic has been fantastic.

Kastelic has been amazing.

I can’t believe anyone has watched korpisalo in a game this year and thought “this is excellent”

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
An .880 save percentage is excellent?
And a GSAE of -1. It’s only been 2 games and I’d like to see at least 10 starts before forming an opinion, but I’d have a hard time saying he has performed at even a good backup level so far. The guy is a career .901 over almost 300 games, I don’t know why some fans can’t be honest about the Bruins getting fleeced in the deal. It’s ok. They have won plenty of trades too.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
And a GSAE of -1. It’s only been 2 games and I’d like to see at least 10 starts before forming an opinion, but I’d have a hard time saying he has performed at even a good backup level so far. The guy is a career .901 over almost 300 games, I don’t know why some fans can’t be honest about the Bruins getting fleeced in the deal. It’s ok. They have won plenty of trades too.
Who are you arguing with? I feel like everyone said the deal was disappointing when it happened. You keep banging your drum and trying to prove to everyone that water is wet. Nobody disagrees.

There is a difference between hoping things pan out and saying the deal was great for Boston.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Who are you arguing with? I feel like everyone said the deal was disappointing when it happened. You keep banging your drum and trying to prove to everyone that water is wet. Nobody disagrees.

There is a difference between hoping things pan out and saying the deal was great for Boston.
It's easy to find a lot of people who were saying that Goalie Bob was going to fix Korpisalo and even some suggesting that Bussi/Korpi would be fine as a tandem and would be preferable to paying Swayman anyhting over $8m.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Korpisalo just needs to be an average backup, if Sway can handle 55-60 games(better to ask him to do it at 25YO than 30). But this team, goaltending is the least of their problems

Reactions: hrdpuk

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

There are more than a few who have lauded this deal. #Sweenius

So when there’s some hoping that it works out, it can come across as the turd polishing that was happening in the wake of the trade.

I too hope that Korpisalo can prove to be a viable backup in Boston. Of course I do. He’s here for years. The better he is, the better off the Bruins are. But I can’t delude myself into betraying my own eyes. He doesn’t look good and hasn’t for a while. I’ll be positive about him when he shows it’s worthwhile to be so.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
It's too early to form a definitive opinion.

He's 1-1. The first game he got shelled while the team played like hot garbage in front of him, so it's hard to form a good opinion from that. The second he let in three, but played good enough in the 3rd period to get the win.

If he plays like he did in the 2nd game, he won't be Linus, but he'll be a serviceable backup. It won't shock me if Korpi pulls off a shutout or two if the Bruins play they way they're capable of in front of him.

Swayman definitely needs to be the #1 though, and pull the starts that come with that.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
There are more than a few who have lauded this deal. #Sweenius

So when there’s some hoping that it works out, it can come across as the turd polishing that was happening in the wake of the trade.

I too hope that Korpisalo can prove to be a viable backup in Boston. Of course I do. He’s here for years. The better he is, the better off the Bruins are. But I can’t delude myself into betraying my own eyes. He doesn’t look good and hasn’t for a while. I’ll be positive about him when he shows it’s worthwhile to be so.
I don't know. My impression was that the deal was universally criticized for being poor. I think if you took a poll it would have been 90% saying it was a disappointing return.

I also strongly disagree that Korpisalo didn't have a good game against Colorado. He stopped a breakaway in the first minute. He faced multiple door step tips. The three power play goals he let in were great scoring chances; a give and go 1timer from the inside hash mark, a screened shot from the high slot by Makar and a cross-ice 1 timer from Rantanen. None of those were soft goals. He made a sprawling back door paddle stop in the second. He made multiple saves late in the third and tied up the rebounds to close out the game. That's a good outing.

Reactions: jonu, Kegs and PB37

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
he allowed 3 goals on 25 shots to a heavily injured/suspended colorado avs team lol.

He’s currently 60th out of 68 goalies in save percentage.

Kastelic has been amazing.

I can’t believe anyone has watched korpisalo in a game this year and thought “this is excellent”
So hes already doing better than last year :sarcasm:

Reactions: UncleRico

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad