Player Discussion Joonas Korpisalo

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
So a 25 year old goalie who makes the Allstar team and is lights out in the Playoffs one year could be washed before he hits age 30? Interesting.
Yeah I mean Columbus knew it was a fluke. They liked Elvis better for whatever reason

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Yeah I mean Columbus knew it was a fluke. They liked Elvis better for whatever reason
You mean they shouldn't have locked him up to big contract?

Elvis, another goalie who looked very promising for a few years and washed up before 30. Similar stats to Korpisalo last year and is only making 5.4 million for 3 more years.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You mean they shouldn't have locked him up to big contract?

Elvis, another goalie who looked very promising for a few years and washed up before 30. Similar stats to Korpisalo last year and is only making 5.4 million for 3 more years.
Ok so what do you deal Sway for?

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
A tough first game for Joonas. Every goalie has bad nights. The team played very poorly in front of him. I’ll reserve judgment until after about 10 starts here, but this first game preview showed he did look every bit the career .901 / 3.08 goaltender he has proven to be over his 275 game NHL career. Still can’t believe they took on 4 full years at $3M per for a 30 year old guy with his track record without even receiving a major sweetener in the trade for doing so.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
A tough first game for Joonas. Every goalie has bad nights. The team played very poorly in front of him. I’ll reserve judgment until after about 10 starts here, but this first game preview showed he did look every bit the career .901 / 3.08 goaltender he has proven to be over his 275 game NHL career. Still can’t believe they took on 4 full years at $3M per for a 30 year old guy with his track record without even receiving a major sweetener in the trade for doing so.
Kastelic was the sweetener but should have gotten another pick.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
His rebound control is terrible and if the Bruins D clears the front of the net the way they did last night it’s a recipe for disaster.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Real tough start to the season. Team in front of him also did him zero favors. There were guys wide open in front of him multiple times last night.

Let's see how he responds. Its game 1.

Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Won't it be ironic when Sweeney has to throw in a 1st to get rid of Korpi.

Well it really depends on what comes back in the deal. If they give up a first and Korpi to get a 2nd line RW, then so be it. But either way the only way they will deal a first with Korpi is if they are using that space on a different player

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Goaltending was the least of our problems last night. Carlo and Mason are a disaster

Does Carlo have any trade value toward getting a skilled forward? Send Mason down to Providence he's not a NHL player yet. Is his two nice stick handling moves per game worth his terrible D play on every shift?

Let him learn the position in the minors or move him to forward and be done with it.

Reactions: RoccoF14

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Florida had an expected goals for last night of 5.1 and Korpisalo gave up 6. There were two I thought he should have had, but the rest there wasn't much he could do about it. 4 of the 6 goals came in the high danger area and I put that on the defense.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Florida had an expected goals for last night of 5.1 and Korpisalo gave up 6. There were two I thought he should have had, but the rest there wasn't much he could do about it. 4 of the 6 goals came in the high danger area and I put that on the defense.
Korpisalo, woke up this morning and realize that it was just a dream, and he was still in Ottawa, that team in front of him last night was a disgrace.

Reactions: ON3M4N

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
To hang that loss, just on Korpi, when the team was a no show for 2 periods, is not being fair.
He had a high number of high danger shots and it could have been worse.
From the defense pairings, not being consistent, throughout camp, and the team as constituted not playing together, very much, throughout camp, how can you build familiarity with linemates or D pairings.
I'm starting to believe this is a poorly coached team.

Charlie Mc may be the most overrated 9.5M in the NHL. He seems to regressed every year, at least defensively.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ullmark signing an, albeit expensive, deal with Ottawa makes the trade return even less impressive.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ullmark signing an, albeit expensive, deal with Ottawa makes the trade return even less impressive.
Does it though? He hasn't even played a game for them. They gave up a lot in $ on top of what they had to give up in the trade.

The one redeeming aspect of last night for Korpisalo is that the performance in front of him probably felt a lot like last season in Ottawa.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad