Proposal: Joonas Korpisalo to your team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mountlaine

Feb 8, 2018
He was selected to All-Star Game two years ago but got injured and didn't attend. I think he could bounce back in different system.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Anyone looking for a solid backup goalie ?

He’s currently recovering from a flu and is on the last year of his contract (UFA).

I believe a mid to a mid - lower round pick will do the wonders
Why bother? If all he is worth is a 5th isn’t it better to keep him in case Elvis gets hurt?

Reactions: Alienblood

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
A better goalie than Merzlikins and many other “starting goalies” in the league.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I agree with all the posts about Colorado. The Avs make a ton of sense for Korpisalo.

Kemper and Francouz are both great, but neither can be trusted to be healthy when it matters. It's sad, but both of them could be nearing the end of their careers.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I agree with all the posts about Colorado. The Avs make a ton of sense for Korpisalo.

Kemper and Francouz are both great, but neither can be trusted to be healthy when it matters. It's sad, but both of them could be nearing the end of their careers.

To be fair, Keumper played in every possible playoff game that he could during his tenure in Arizona.

Reactions: banks

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
To be fair, Keumper played in every possible playoff game that he could during his tenure in Arizona.

That's true, and it is a credit to him. I hope my words choice didn't sound like he was more likely to be hurt "when it matters".

The fact is he's dealt with concussions and grion issues. Some of the most damaging to goalies, and the ones with long term recurring issues. He's phenomenal, he's just not dependable.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
That's true, and it is a credit to him. I hope my words choice didn't sound like he was more likely to be hurt "when it matters".

The fact is he's dealt with concussions and grion issues. Some of the most damaging to goalies, and the ones with long term recurring issues. He's phenomenal, he's just not dependable.

I'm not disagreeing at all that they both have significant health concerns. I was just pointing out that Arizona hasn't exactly been good enough for his injuries to matter. It was a cheap jab against a team that is currently dealing with a lot of issues, and I promise that I'll definitely do it again if the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: banks

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
As an Avs fan, I know there's at least one team that could use a backup who can at least stay healthy. I'd give up a 3rd if it means we won't have Johannson or Annunen in net in the playoffs.

Unless Francouz/Kuemper are injured for a significant amount of time or Francouz can't goalie anymore, I don't see how the Avs can carry 3 goalies.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Unless Francouz/Kuemper are injured for a significant amount of time or Francouz can't goalie anymore, I don't see how the Avs can carry 3 goalies.

Yes, the cap makes it unlikely to happen anytime soon, but I still struggle to believe that this is the year that Francouz will finally be healthy. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but right now, I'm expecting to be in the position to need a semi-capable backup around the TDL.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Is Francouz ever coming back? Dude hasn't played a game in two years.

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
after years of sitting behind Bob and now watching Elvis get a new contract, there is no player in the league who would benefit from an opportunity with a new organization.

If a pick is coming back I think a 3rd is very reasonable

You hit the nail on the head here. Goaltender is all about mentality and this guy’s decline roughly corresponds with Elvis coming in as the chosen one. I think he can and would be better on a team that says “we believe in you.” Just a hunch.

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
no thanks korp is not the answer and hes not an nhl goalie
You exaggerate. Korpisalo is mediocre and the hallmark soft goals come always at the worst of times, but he's nevertheless a NHL caliber goalie. It wasn't that long ago when it still wasn't a no-brainer to the fans which one should be the starter, Merzlikins or him.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Korpisalo is legally obliged to report to military duty in Finland by April 11 which obviously is before the end of this NHL season.

Blue Jackets Sunday Gathering: The Finnish military wants you, Joonas Korpisalo
Maybe the service helps him get rid of those deflating soft goals from his game...

For sure this doesn't up his value in the trade market. That said, I'm not sure if he can't get a permanent exception if it's argued well.

In any case talk about throwing a spanner in the works! :confused:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad