LeBrun: Jonathan Marchessault headed to UFA market - Friedman: Preds are serious contender for his services

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Are Golden Knights without Marchessault even the Golden Knights? He is the loudest, most competitive member on ice at all times. Of all the things the Knights have done over the years, this is perhaps the last player I could see the Knights without.

1 assist in the last 5 games vs Dallas, I bet VGK management wasn't happy about this...

Reactions: Devonator

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Verbeek has specially mentioned wanting a top 6 right shot RW. I think he'll be on Stamkos and Marchessault, can offer a really bloated AAV if they'll take a shorter deal.

I don't think a GM who gave Killorn 6M x 4 will have much issue offering these two huge money on a three year deal.

Reactions: HabsQC

MajorWeber

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
No such rumors, the word is we only want a short-term contract veteran (1-2 years) to fill the hole in the top 6 until Demidov and other prospects are ready.

No doubt Marchy is getting 3+ years.
If it takes a 3rd year to attract Marchessault, I doubt it will bother Hughes. He brings playoffs experience, Hage is further away than Demidov so it can still make sense for the top 6.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
If it takes a 3rd year to attract Marchessault, I doubt it will bother Hughes. He brings playoffs experience, Hage is further away than Demidov so it can still make sense for the top 6.
Considering we have 12 M pissed away on 34 year old Gallagher and 32 year old Anderson in 2026-27, it will absolutely bother him to add another big contract for a forward who would be in his mid 30's by then when they hope the team is finally a playoff team.

You can't lock in 18-20 M on aging forwards for that season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He is a good hockey player but at 33, it will be paying for the 1 to 2 prime years and likely 3+ years of decline. But I do like him as a player for next year. How much though and for how long?

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Someone posted a link for Marchy getting 6 years at 8.5.

That's a f***ing terrible troll, right ?
Same person tweated earlier:

"After being traded to #GoBolts earlier today, superstar winger Jake Guentzel has agreed in principle to an 8-year extension at an AAV of $10.5m. Details pending on a potential NMC."

So yeah, he's not trustworthy.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Same person tweated earlier:

"After being traded to #GoBolts earlier today, superstar winger Jake Guentzel has agreed in principle to an 8-year extension at an AAV of $10.5m. Details pending on a potential NMC."

So yeah, he's not trustworthy.
Yeah, doesn't know that he could only get 7 years and then got 1.5 aav less.

That Marchessault contract would be just terrible, which is odd to say as the dude just scored 35, or 40 goals I believe.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

1719840913807.gif

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I remember being super impressed by Marchessault when he lit up the Devils in a preseason game against Florida years and years ago. I would love to have him on the team, but I'm far from sure he's the right fit especially at his likely pricetag.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
6 year deal, these are the deals that scare me. He can still play but you never know at what age in that deal he may fall off a cliff. Good player as of today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad