Jonathan Marchessault feels burnt by Vegas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
There’s something funny about Marchessault being surprised at this. He’s watched Vegas do this to his teammates for years. Why would he be surprised it happened to him next?

Honestly I don’t even blame Vegas. Marchessault is turning 34 in December and wanted a 4 year deal? It’s reasonable to walk away from that.

Ya I can understand feeling upset, but it sure shouldn’t come as a surprise. You should know as a person that you mean absolutely nothing to the team. If you want loyalty, go somewhere else

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
There’s something funny about Marchessault being surprised at this. He’s watched Vegas do this to his teammates for years. Why would he be surprised it happened to him next?

Honestly I don’t even blame Vegas. Marchessault is turning 34 in December and wanted a 4 year deal? It’s reasonable to walk away from that.

Have you considered that Marchessault is really dumb? I mean, at least he showed enough reserve this time to not tell management to “shut the f*** and go suck on your momma’s titties”, but even that quote right there- the “really” and “actually” are redundant and unnecessary, as is the “I need to know.” No shit Jonathan, that’s why you’re asking. I know, incredibly minor points and people largely shouldn’t be judged on such things, but when it’s a dummy I take note. Still recall a teammate calling the ref a “stupid idiot” during intermission and we had to back up to marvel at that scorcher.

Anywho, much ado about nothing, Jonathan seems like he’d be disbelieving and slow on the uptake in many matters.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
As much as I didn't like Vegas' offseason moves (for the first time in awhile), I don't blame them at all for not signing a 33YR old Marchessault to a 5 year deal.

His best days are probably behind him and the Knights are under no obligation to sign him out of a sense of loyalty. Need to do what's best for the team and the team needs to get younger/re-tool on the fly.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He’s old and wanted a lot of money and years.. I applaud the way Vegas runs business and don’t get themselves in situations with regrettable contracts… every rival fan in here despise long term contracts to their older guys on the teams they cheer for

Every season management does EVERYTHING they can do to win in Vegas. Rival fans love to obsess over every decision Vegas makes because it’s envy and jealousy seeing them be contenders every year

What was he expecting? He played for Vegas and Vegas paid him. What else did Vegas owe him?
Absolutely nothing

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
- Florida left him unprotected in the expansion draft after he led the team in goals (30) in his first full NHL season, while only being 26yrs old. This was so they could prtect Petrocic and/or Pysyk.

- He wins a Conny Smythe but it doesn't seem to really elevate his status in any way, like it has for pretty much anyone else.

- Vegas lets him go after leading his team in goals (42) and points (69), and winning a cup recently.

It's kinda odd tbh. The respect he receives doesn't seem to match the level he probably deserves.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
giphy.gif
since the dudes sarcasm went over your head

1726094653977.png

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
this is really going to ruin vegas' reputation
Blokes here may joke about "yeah sure" bs but really I am sure players are very aware of it now, but also probably don't care as long as it helps them win or do well enough to earn a new contract elsewhere, but their cap issues is probably enough for players to look elsewhere.

Of course, Vegas always magically finds aways to abuse LTIR with these well timed convenient injuries right around the Trade Deadline, which the league comically never does anything about but puts out warnings without any repercussions. Just expect the annual Mark Stone LTIR around April, lol.

The next CBA is going to be hilarious for the LTIR thing, there's definitely going to be a lot of owners wanting that loophole either investigated with more scrutiny or some harsher cap rules for it.

Honestly I would ask for trade out.
That's what Logan Thompson did, even then he still did them a solid mostly for the fans and signed Autographs in the VGK jersey, franchise didn't deserve even that much from him.

Reactions: cptjeff and Dog

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
I know nothing about anything, but I can imagine

1) Teams have absolutely no moral obligation to resign players
2) Player do not expect too
3) If they are not planning to resign a player, there is some tradition to let them know well in advance in some ways

They did not do 3 and that what he is publically angry about ? (as well as obviously being angry how he is treated by gm around the league when he look at his production and cup winning, like anyone would, but that more private)

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Blokes here may joke about "yeah sure" bs but really I am sure players are very aware of it now, but also probably don't care as long as it helps them win or do well enough to earn a new contract elsewhere, but their cap issues is probably enough for players to look elsewhere.

Of course, Vegas always magically finds aways to abuse LTIR with these well timed convenient injuries right around the Trade Deadline, which the league comically never does anything about but puts out warnings without any repercussions. Just expect the annual Mark Stone LTIR around April, lol.

The next CBA is going to be hilarious for the LTIR thing, there's definitely going to be a lot of owners wanting that loophole either investigated with more scrutiny or some harsher cap rules for it.

That's what Logan Thompson did, even then he still did them a solid mostly for the fans and signed Autographs in the VGK jersey, franchise didn't deserve even that much from him.
Yep, well I hope he finds preds work better for him. Vegas really botched it with certain players.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Player's contract ends. Team does not re-sign him. Where's the classless? They didn't give him a watch or something?
One of their top players in their short franchise history has his contract end, Vegas barely has any contact with him about an extension prior to this nor do they tell him about their plans with him, Free agency hits and Marchessault realizes they didn't have loyalty at all with him and he understands it, isn't happy about it, but understands it and signs elsewhere.

This wasn't some rental at the deadline, this is a player that was one of their top players each year and a huge part of their finals runs and their cup victory, you'd think they'd at least give him the respect of letting him know what the plans were.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021

All LTIR cases are reviewed by the league. You don't know how the CBA works.

"And despite how fishy some people think it is that a player could miss a long period of time but could suddenly be healthy enough to play at the start of the playoffs, the league’s process in investigating the legitimacy of injuries for players placed on LTIR is rigorous."

“We have an independent, third-party physician review their medical records in detail,” he said, “and in-person examinations where necessary.”

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Voight and TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad