Value of: Jonathan Huberdeau to Edmonton

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
edmonton can afford him but for this threads sake, i would say rnh and puljujarvi

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We don’t have the piece. They need a top 4 RD. Our only one is Larsson and that’s not getting Huberdeau. We certainly couldn’t add especially trading from a position of weakness.

Our RD would be Russell, Benning, Petrovic and Manning. Barf

Reactions: Mase

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Fla is trying to clear space, so you'd have to offer a package worth a top line LW that doesn't involve a lot of money going Fla's way, which EDM cant do.

That conversations starts with Bouchard as they need right D and EDM has barely any assets worth any value. Fla doesn't need RNH and Poolparty is worth nothing atm.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Cause he is. Rnh is a soft 2c that will never live up to his draft position.

Bolded: That is not an argument

Underlined: 1) That is not true; 2) That is still not an argument. Current value relative to draft position has no bearing on what he's worth. The fact that he is not "living up to his position" (debatable) doesn't somehow diminish his value. If he's worth $1 in a vacuum, he's not somehow worth $0.85 now because 1st overall picks should be worth $1.50.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
RNH and Huberdeau have almost the same exact stat line. Contracts are somewhat similar I think RNH is signed for more term. I would put a premium on RNH's position.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Florida wouldn't want to trade Huberdeau. He's a consistent high end producer, one of their cornerstones to build around.
But if for some reason they wanted to deal him, I think Tallon would love to unite fellow Finnish boys Barkov and Puljujarvi.

Maybe Puljujarvi, Larsson and a 1st round (protected) pick

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Florida wouldn't want to trade Huberdeau. He's a consistent high end producer, one of their cornerstones to build around.
But if for some reason they wanted to deal him, I think Tallon would love to unite fellow Finnish boys Barkov and Puljujarvi.

Maybe Puljujarvi, Larsson and a 1st round (protected) pick

Remove Larsson and I'm in.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Panthers fans probably don't need to be told this, but there is no universe out there in which trading Huberdeau would make sense.

Don't think Edmonton has much to give. Klefbom+ for Huberdeau makes some sense, but that is probably going to get shot down in a hurry.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
How is he better than Nugent-Hopkins? Why would the Oilers even trade RNH straight up for Huberdeau?
And yet, it's also fair to ask why the Panthers would want RNH? Barkov, Trochek and Borgstrom down the middle. Technically Brassard as a 4th. Where does RNH fit?

*disclaimer* Not in any way disrespecting RNH or trying to diminish his talent/usefulness/value for money. Just, if there's a thing that the Panthers are looking for, it's not a talented 2-way C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad