Rumor: Jonathan Huberdeau is open to waiving his NMC to go to a contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Calgary’s owner is such a damn moron. I don’t think it was 100% Tre’s decision. Why offer him anything? Let him play out the season, maybe trade him at the deadline for more assets. Asinine decision making.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
.. so he signs a big long term deal to stay in Calgary

… but the team struggled to compete, with one of the reasons being his own subpar play

.. so they decided to start to retool with some expiring deals

.. and now he doesn’t want to stay for a “rebuild”.

Either this is some bad reporting or Hub is a naive diva

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Unless he posts a couple of 100-plus point seasons, he's going nowhere. The Flames aren't going to give up assets to dump him because they don't need the cap room.

Or he could agree to void his contract. I'm sure he could go to a contender then.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
To Edmonton:
Huberdeau (30% retained) - 7.350 x 7yrs

To Calgary:
Nurse - 9.250 x 6yrs

Won't happen but Edmonton does this IMO. To be fair - I think what you meant was to received positive value (Nurse is obviously negative). In that case, I think they need to eat at least 40% of his deal, bringing him to down to 6.300. Even then, I don't think they'd get anything substantial. That's more of the 'free - pickup only' number.
Wow, this is worse for Calgary. They would being taking on Nurse for 12+ million a year.

From bad to WORSE, lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I thought if the Penguins wanted to make a splash, they could try this. Something like Jarry+Graves.

I think if a team took a chance on him and gave him a good center, they would reap the rewards just like Pittsburgh did with Kessel.

Ledge And Dairy

6 pages of bashing a player for something he never said, nor that can be backed by a reputable source. Good times.
This thread is super cringe, like not once has he said anything remotely close to this. In fact by all accounts it's quite the opposite, he's an incredibly optimistic guy and says he wants to be part of the rebuild in Calgary.

Everybody knows that his contract is unmovable at his current level of play, even him. OP should feel ashamed to call himself a Flames fan for not just poking but knocking down this hornets nest.

Reactions: HighLifeMan

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
5.25m ain't the problem. 7 years is the problem.

I thought if the Penguins wanted to make a splash, they could try this. Something like Jarry+Graves.

I think if a team took a chance on him and gave him a good center, they would reap the rewards just like Pittsburgh did with Kessel.
I'd want to see him show signs of life in the first half of the season first, but maybe.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I took Huberdeau in 22-23 in my hockey pool and he went from 115 points the previous season down to 55 points.

I would have won without his sad display of play. . . . .

He's just getting worse, you my friend are no longer my friend, and you owe me $260. . . . .

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The Flames are in the Pacific Division. Every team in that division has a shot at making the playoffs.

What an absolutely awful take. The Pacific features the Stanley Cup runner up, the Stanley Cup champion 2 years ago, a team that’s averaged over 100 points the last 3 years, and a 50 win team from last year. Then you’re down to contending with the likes of Nashville and St Louis in the Central for a single wildcard spot.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Only chance for a trade is at 50% retention which flames ownership would never agree to.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So a fan asked Duhatschek about a rumor Flames veterans don't want to stick around, and without substantiating the fan rumor, Duhatschek gave his thoughts on Huberdeau's trade value.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I get that agents want to get their guy the most money but you got him a 10.5m long term contract on a bubble team. What did he expect to was going to happen? If you want to win, take less money and play for a contender.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Not even remotely a legit source, this crap is no different than me saying Stutzle wan't out of Ottawa to go to a contender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad