• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Why is he so bad?
Rarely show up for regular season.
Rarely show up for playoffs.
When the game gets physical he’s no where to be found.

Sergachev and 2nd rounder for Drouin and fifth?

I wouldn’t trade Seegachev for Drouin and a first. Bergevin’s lack of vision.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Why is he so bad?
Rarely show up for regular season.
Rarely show up for playoffs.
When the game gets physical he’s no where to be found.

Sergachev and 2nd rounder for Drouin and fifth?

I wouldn’t trade Seegachev for Drouin and a first. Bergevin’s lack of vision.
Because he is a spoiled little brat that never had to work hard to earn it until he got into the NHL. And when he did it was discovered that he isn't even all that talented. But got lucky because Habs' idiot GM just handed him keys to the city. People keep talking about some kind of talent but I am yet to see it in three years that he's been sucking Molson's tit in Mtl.

What always baffled me is this... fine, Habs have to have some d'chez nous content... that's the stupid backward Quebec crap that won't go away. but, why can't we have a decent d'chez nous guy. Like Gourde in Tampe, Perron in St Lou, Couturier in Philly, Brossard, etc... they at least score once in a while and make things happen here and there.

Reactions: cphabs

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Imagine Sergachev at 25... 3 years from now...
Witness Drouin at 25... Steve Yserman crushed us because he knew our ridiculous pension for French players. OMFG! We even hailed Drouin as our 1C and went with it until it was a complete embarrassment around the league. Think about that. Love my franchise! The fact that Danault has been placed where he needs to be currently? Makes me smile!

Its not French players, its French star players. Its why, because of his hype and pedigree, Drouin kept on being defended, while most people didn't acknowledge or respect what an effective player Danault turned out to be.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Drouin is fine. He has been pretty good in the playoffs the last few games. Some people see him as some sort of embodiment of everything that is wrong with the Habs and can't see past their own confirmation bias. It is ridicilous some of the hate he gets.

Yes he is a frustrating player to watch because he has so much talent that he can't quite bring out consistently. But he is also at the end of the day a fine top 6-forward signed at a reasonable cap hit.
At this point if you keep protecting Drouin you must be a close friend or a family member because this dude just aint what we was looking to have when we trade for him. I used to cheer for him alotssss and it hurt me to talk down on him but he just cant be effective on a top-6. He have all the tools in the world but barely used them. He's a fast and xplosive player when he move his feet but he seem to never skate with the puck, he only skate when he backcheckin, then he have a good shot but everytime he shoot he seem to have no confidence and he just shoot to shoot the puck cause the pass option is off. Then he is a good playmaker or used to but nowadays he cant even make basic passes without creating a turnovers

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The more I watch Drouin in a Habs jersey the more I see him as likely to sign with Colorado once he's UFA on a "show me" contract. He still has 3 years to go but it doesn't seem like he has the ability to put it together in Montreal. (for whatever reason)

Last edited:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Drouin's career is sad. The guy has all the talent in the world but he can't put it together for the life of him. If you watch tape from his last season in Tampa, he looks like a completely different player. I don't think that player is ever coming back.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Because he is a spoiled little brat that never had to work hard to earn it until he got into the NHL. And when he did it was discovered that he isn't even all that talented. But got lucky because Habs' idiot GM just handed him keys to the city. People keep talking about some kind of talent but I am yet to see it in three years that he's been sucking Molson's tit in Mtl.

What always baffled me is this... fine, Habs have to have some d'chez nous content... that's the stupid backward Quebec crap that won't go away. but, why can't we have a decent d'chez nous guy. Like Gourde in Tampe, Perron in St Lou, Couturier in Philly, Brossard, etc... they at least score once in a while and make things happen here and there.

We have him, his name is Danault

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Drouin is fine. He has been pretty good in the playoffs the last few games. Some people see him as some sort of embodiment of everything that is wrong with the Habs and can't see past their own confirmation bias. It is ridicilous some of the hate he gets.

Yes he is a frustrating player to watch because he has so much talent that he can't quite bring out consistently. But he is also at the end of the day a fine top 6-forward signed at a reasonable cap hit.

David Desharnais got lots of hate here for many different reasons but he was still a more interesting player than Drouin can be. That says a lot about Drouin.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I was low-key hoping that Drou-Drou would have gone beast mode during the playoffs but I was naive and fell for his nice words about him always stepping up during important matches. :(

I really wanted to see beginning of the season Drou-Drou but seems like it was just a small hot streak and nothing else.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I think Drouin represents the best example of how difficult it is for a French-Canadian star talent to thrive in Montreal. The expectations for players like Danault are just not the same, so it is easier. For a player like Drouin, it is probably suffocating. Best thing for him and the organization is probably to trade him as soon as possible. He will likely do much better outside of Montreal, which will be frustrating for the fans (and the GM will be blamed for giving him up), but that's the best course of action at this point. I think this is a cautionary tale about bringing French-Canadian "star" players to Montreal.

This does not represent an excuse for him. Even without the pressure, there are many issues with his game which will not go away. However, he is now playing so scared to make a mistake that he is useless out there. We broke him, but he is responsible for how easy it was, if that makes sense.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Such a frustrating player. All the talent in the world who should be a 70+ point winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad