Injury Report: Jonathan Drouin (fractured right thumb)

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, while this isn't a good thing, it just sounds precautionary to me. I mean a fracture's a fracture, and it's better that he gets the time to heal properly than to try and rush him for the start of the season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's probably gonna need some time to catch up when he gets back. Prepare for a lot of bust threads when he gets off to a slow start.

ADD: Bolt Prospects @BoltProspects
Question came up if Drouin would be allowed rehab stint in Syracuse even though he's 19. TB confirms he CAN rehab in AHL. (via @syrhockey)

Last edited:

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
He's probably gonna need some time to catch up when he gets back. Prepare for a lot of bust threads when he gets off to a slow start.

ADD: Bolt Prospects @BoltProspects
Question came up if Drouin would be allowed rehab stint in Syracuse even though he's 19. TB confirms he CAN rehab in AHL. (via @syrhockey)

Sounds, so...... Yzerman.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Of course he is a lawyer

0rl2ID7.jpg

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
It really is a pity Drouin got injured ! I desperately wanted to see him play in the Lightnings season opener against the Panthers. At least it's only for 4 weeks ; he'll be able to hop back in the lineup soon enough. ;) It must be really frustrating for Drouin, the guy has been dying to play in the NHL for a year now :laugh: !

I'm sure him and Stamkos are going to tear things up this year ! Good luck Tampa ;)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning @jodrouin27 on the ice w game group for morning skate, doing light stickhandling
ByYY5iiCcAEwG5m.jpg

#tblightning Drouin, other than doing light stick handling and shooting, is observing drills. Cooper wants him to get acclimated to system
Drouin left ice after about 20 minutes. Likely to see him at practices in next few weeks observing as he recovers from thumb fracture
Drouin said doing some light shooting today was a "little step" but still has ways to go. Says easier to learn system while on ice
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...ng-to-be-in-lineup-when-season-starts/2199375
Touted prospect Jonathan Drouin skated in practice with the Lightning's game group Thursday morning, doing light stick-handling and shooting.

Drouin, out 3-4 weeks with a right thumb fracture, did so with help of a splint.

"A little step," Drouin said. "Many more steps to come."

Drouin, 19, was out there mostly to observe during drills, trying to get acclimated to the system even he can't fully participate in practices and games.

"You can watch video and say you understand, and sometimes you don't," Drouin said. "Unless you're out there going through it or watching what's going on. I don't want to be behind when everything starts."

Drouin said he felt a little pain during some of the shooting - "we're far away from where we want to be" - so he's not going to push it. It still doesn't make it any easier to have to watch preseason games instead of being on the ice.

"Obviously I want to be playing in these preseason games and jump right in when the season starts," Drouin said. "There's not much you can do about it. It's disappointing, but I've got to move on and make sure I'm ready physically and mentally when everything comes."
Drouin was encouraged to hear general manager Steve Yzerman say his injury won't impact how he's evaluated for a roster spot. Drouin, the No. 3 overall pick in 2013, is still expected to play in the NHL when he's healthy, instead of getting sent back to juniors.

"Obviously you get nervous, you don't want to go back anywhere, you want to stay here," Drouin said. "For him to say that, it's a good thing. I want to be in the lineup as soon as the season starts. I'm going to push for it and I'm sure I'll be fine."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We've got some obviouslies.

In the recent Lebrun piece, Yzerman pretty much came out and said Drouin's on the team. Coop said something similar in the post-game the other night. I know this is something we've known for a while, but it's nice to get some (sort of) confirmation.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Erne's face shape and size, Stamkos nose, Drouin's acne...Salo's hair, Dingman's hunchback, Kucherov's lazy eye, Callahan's receding hairline, Filp's (tan(???)) orange face, Barb's chop skating stride, Cooper's gengivitis gum teeth ... we are the ugliest organization in sports.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Erne's face shape and size, Stamkos nose, Drouin's acne...Salo's hair, Dingman's hunchback, Kucherov's lazy eye, Callahan's receding hairline, Filp's (tan(???)) orange face, Barb's chop skating stride, Cooper's gengivitis gum teeth ... we are the ugliest organization in sports.

Well obviously

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad