Injury Report: Jonas Brodin (Injured Paw)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Andy Ness is great, but I can't help but feel that Brodin should be teaching skating to him, not the other way around.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Andy Ness is great, but I can't help but feel that Brodin should be teaching skating to him, not the other way around.

Probably more of a motivational, drills, stay in shape type of coaching than working on skating skills.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Maybe back for the Chicago game on 2/21, otherwise seems like he'd be back after the bye week for sure.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Excited for this guy to return. Dumba needs him to stabilize the defense. Scandella isn't cutting it on the pair.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not exactly what I meant. Dumba needs a stabilizing defensive dman on his pair for him to be effective. That's not Scandella's style of play.

Not to be that guy but the Wild did go 8-2-1 without him in the lineup.

And I'm sure they have a better record with Nate Prosser in the lineup, ergo, Prosser is better than Brodin.

And you ARE being that guy!

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Fair point but our defense seemed significantly worse with him out of the lineup.

Not to also be that guy, but that was really Dumba and Scandella and their inability to click. If I were pairing dmen with Brodin out I'd go:

Suter-Dumba
Scandella-Spurgeon
Olofsson-Folin
Reilly/Prosser

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And I'm sure they have a better record with Nate Prosser in the lineup, ergo, Prosser is better than Brodin.

Any you ARE being that guy!

Apples to oranges. Prosser plays an average of 13 minutes a game. When he is in the lineup almost everyone else has their TOI go up (ye know, the better players). We've seen teams have the ability to just run a top 4. Yeo did it for years.

The point was even though Brodin was out of the lineup this team keeps winning. Not something to be mad about; just an observation.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
From Russo's gamer:

Wild defenseman Jonas Brodin, who broke a finger Jan. 17 and has missed 12 games, is back practicing and is maybe a week from returning. Brodin said he is still having difficulty shooting and doing “one-hand stuff.â€

“You worry sometimes that when he’s out you’re putting too much pressure and ice time on [Ryan Suter and Spurgeon],†Boudreau said. “We can tell we miss him and definitely in situations where you’re sitting there and you don’t want to play Suter 31 minutes a night. You go, ‘Geez, here’s minutes that Brods could eat right up.’ Heâ€s missed.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad