Confirmed with Link: Jon Abbott is new voice of the Flames on Sportsnet.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
1724710637126.png

The Flames posted a couple articles and a few videos, including Jon calling some different goals to show us what he's like. (3rd link, 2nd video)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Will check him out later, but ngl I don’t know who he is.

Probably one of the few ppl here who didn’t mind if it was Singh, but I digress. Abbott is our guy now.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
but I digress
Gimmick infringement Jones over here, but I digress

On that note, I actually wouldn't have minded Singh either. But if this is our guy, then cool. I'll have to check him out to see if I can listen to him for a couple hours a night

Reactions: Fig

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Will check him out later, but ngl I don’t know who he is.

Probably one of the few ppl here who didn’t mind if it was Singh, but I digress. Abbott is our guy now.
Singh was terribad when he started. He's gotten significantly better though. Rick Ball was excellent. It'll be hard to replace him.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Gimmick infringement Jones over here, but I digress

On that note, I actually wouldn't have minded Singh either. But if this is our guy, then cool. I'll have to check him out to see if I can listen to him for a couple hours a night
I like Singh, I think people were too hard on him initially, it cannot be easy changing commentary languages because to keep up to the play so much of it is instinctual. He was incredible in Punjabi, so it was just matter of time before calling in English became more instinctual.

As for Abbott, I like what I hear in the clips.

He'd been doing Sens games for TSN most recently.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Seems like a decent choice, although my bar was low with the fear it was going to be Singh who is horrible.

Rick Ball is tough to replace but this guy is already lightyears ahead of the fool Edmonton has so that is a good first step.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sorry to see Ball leave. I know nothing about Abbot.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
As long as Hrudey doesn't start of the broadcast with He-ey Abbottt!!

Then do a hockey version of Who's on First..
I wish Hrudey would retire or Sportsnet let him go. There are so many better color commentators out there.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad