GDT: Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau tribute. Philly comes to Calgary to play the Flames @ 8 PM MDT. Oct 12

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Started a Pre-game GDT so I would have somewhere to post tomorrow's probable lineup. I see Justin Kirkland has been called up to fill in for Rooney. No idea who the starting goalie will be. Hope its Wolf.

Screenshot_20241011-135408_kindlephoto-1370087895.png

Gaudreau.jpg

Johnny-Gaudreau.jpg

And lets not forget about Turkey Day this weekend!
Turkey-3862992020.jpg

240444_hires-3997969791.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bounces R Way

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ok... I really screwed up the GDT. I thought for sure the game was tonight. Damn!
Fixing my original post. :baghead:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

“When it comes to Johnny, there is no managing (the emotion),” said Flames winger Blake Coleman. “It is what it is. It’s going to be a little emotional just to see the tribute and feel his presence with us again. It’s not just a light switch you can turn off.

“It’s way more important than a game of hockey and he deserves to be remembered and recognized and I’m happy I get to be here and see it and be a part of it and then, after that, we’ll take care of the game.”

“My painter came up with an idea to show our support for him and his family,” Wolf explained. “I went through the parts of asking (Gaudreau’s family) and getting their approval. He’s so important to the city of Calgary and I was only around him a handful of times, but I wanted to be able to show that we’re all here to support him and his family. I felt it was important.”

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I have to admit, playing Philly Saturday in the first game since... it's fitting, the Flyers were the team he group up loving.

Reactions: Figgy44

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Phillie playing yesterday 65+ minutes could be a wind to our sails...

Wolf in net, so I expect quite a few top shelf goals.

8:7 loss in OT

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
I'm loving the flames this year, have a Vegas after the expansion draft vibe, all guys with lots to prove across the board. A dangerous team.

Should beat Philly tonight, but Torts will have the flyers ready/playing well. So mistakes will be the name of the game.

Wolf either has a super good game, or a very bad game. Won't be inbetween IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad