In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I’d like to see them rename the road where he died in his honor. “Johnny Gaudreau Memorial Drive”, or something like that. So that no one would forget what happened there.
“Gaudreau memorial drive” makes way more sense.

His brothers death means just as much. Never like when people put the “famous” deaths in a higher pedestal

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
That was a tough watch.

I got nothing but respect and admiration for Meredith and Madeline for having the courage and ability to get up there to honor their husbands. They are much stronger people than I, that's for sure.

Seeing Monahan and Guy so distraught was next level heartbreaking.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The guts it takes to stand up there and deliver speeches like that.. wow. I couldn't put four words together if I was in their shoes.
At my dad's funeral in February, I just sat in a corner with my closest friends around me, only letting my mom, brother, nephews and sister-in-law near me... they were a god send because I wasn't prepared to deal with people.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Seeing Guy walk out of the church behind the caskets was absolutely gut wrenching. It still doesn't feel real. I tried watching a recording of the service, but only made it about 30 seconds, I couldn't do it. Those poor families

Was even worse watching his dad leaving after to the burial. 😫

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: We Want Ten

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
this is becoming too much

@SeanMoneyHands please stop posting pictures like that... if people want to seek them out fine... but that family is experiencing one of the worst days of their life and it's being turned into a spectacle. Put yourself in their shoes... would you want your parents pictures being posted from your funeral? I'm thinking not.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Not sure if I'm allowed to link the thread from the Reddit hockey forum here (mods, let me know otherwise), but I found a comment from a thread there that says they're a distant cousin of Sean Higgins:

"Sean is a distant cousin of mine. I figured you guys might be interested in some things I’ve heard.

I want to start off by saying I’m in no way defending him for what he did; he deserves all the time that’s coming to him. Running down two brothers on the eve of their sisters wedding is one of the most f***ed up things I can possibly imagine. Everyone was proud of and rooted for Johnny around here. Sean deserves all the hate in the world.

He used to be a decent human being though. The last time I saw him was at my Grandfather’s funeral in 2012. He’d just gotten back from a tour in the Middle East as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. I think he was eventually promoted to Major.

Multiple deployments f***ed him up though. He had bad PTSD. He drank to deal with what he experienced over there. His marriage was shaky for years. His wife’s divorcing him now. He’s been on suicide watch since he was arrested. I wouldn’t be surprised if he does kill himself for what he did.

I’ve seen people say he’s a sociopath and stuff but he’s not. He’s just a severely damaged human who decided to drink and drive like a f***ing asshole and ran down a beloved, local star athlete and his brother in the most horrendous of circumstances.

My Grandmother was talking about helping him out with his defense, but my Dad angrily shot that down. My other cousin’s posting tributes to him on Facebook. It’s weird having people around me have sympathy for someone that’s done such a terrible thing.

I don’t even know why I’m writing this. I guess to give everybody some perspective. I’m still processing. This whole thing has me f***ed up."

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
^^ There's a lot of veteran's, Dads, Moms, and all sorta that turn to alcohol. The last time this guy even saw this relative was 12 years ago. A LOT can change since then.

The guy could be drunk off his ASS 24/7, and that's fine. The problem is he chose to get behind the wheel, when he probably should have chosen an Uber, and ultimately, therapy.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Is it new news that Johnny's wife was also pregnant? So, both wives were pregnant??

Edit: I believe it is new. She announced it today.

Just when I thought this tragedy could not get ANY sadder. There truly are No words here.
This was gut wrenching to hear. My wife is currently pregnant with our first, so this whole tragedy has really hit home for me. I feel so awful for the whole family but especially Meredith and Madeline.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I couldn't even watch the service, and I never even met the guy. It blows my mind how people are able to find strength in their most vulnerable moments.
I couldn’t speak at my dad’s funeral. I couldn’t even stand up.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Man this entire thing has been f***ing awful but seeing their father almost have to be carried out of the church....that is going to stick with me for a while.

I see this all the time because I work in the industry. I can honestly say that there is nothing worse than watching a parent witness their child being buried at the cemetery.

We Want Ten

Johnny Gaudreau
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I see this all the time because I work in the industry. I can honestly say that there is nothing worse than watching a parent witness their child being buried at the cemetery.
The hockey aspect of this is one thing that gathers the attention, but as a father myself, that's the thing that hits me the hardest. I couldn't even imagine this pain.

That whole family is suffering on multiple levels.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I agree with no pictures of the grieving family.
Unless you lost some family members that are very close it’s a no go for me either.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad